Author Topic: Your Ice - What Do You Have?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline phat_dub

• http://
Your Ice - What Do You Have?
« on: February 28, 2005, 02:07:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

just wondering what you guys have for your in car entertainment. I have an old Alpine deck i may install and thinking about some rear filler speakers and 10\" sub.

What do you think of this product for the glove box?
http://www.vwinnovations.com/bug.html#glove

Anyone  know of any beetle friendly shops for stereo work?

TIA
BatteryUniversity.com
Informatik.com

[size=8]1965 Beetle 1914cc
1990 Golf GTI 8V
[/size]
[/font]

Offline Stevie

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 02:39:16 PM »
ahaha
i have a $900 panasonic ghost touch screen deck
2 clarion 6X9's, a 10\" sub in a sealed box, and working on....

2 5.5\" mids up front, and tweeters mounted beside the sunvisors.
7\" in dash TV and DVD player
and changing to 2 12\" or 15\" compitition Audiobahns in a custom ported box

and i did and doing, all the work myself, most people are trust worth but i would rather know how everything is connected and where each wire goes

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle

Offline Dave R

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 09:45:11 PM »
I've got a mid range kenwood deck
Alpine 5.25's up front
Alpine 6.5's in the back
Alpine 600watt V12 Amp
12\" Alpine type R sub

I've done all the work myself as well, I've also made a clean box for the back with sealed off sections for the sub and speakers, all in one unit hidden behind the seat. To get work done, most stereo install bays know what they're doing, and VW shops know all the ins and outs of a vw's electrical. As for that glove box mount kit, it works great and keeps your deck hidden. I'd think you'd be able to make your own mounts and hook something like that up yourself. I however prefer the look of the underdash kits out there, but thats just me.

Let us know if you need help with anything! Have fun.... :D  

Offline ryanmacneil8448

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 10:13:54 PM »
i have a stock and not working am radio in my '66 bug but the sound of the motor keeps me goin  :wub:  
sorry about my lack of grammar

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 04:57:41 AM »
My Ice??????? It's in my drink......

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 07:52:11 AM »
yo,

i gots me a specially made flat screen plasma tv mounted in my windsheild. that way i can watch tv while i drive. i fabbed up a steering wheel remote control so i got the controls in the palms of my hands at all times. sometimes i accidently change channels while turning left tho, but it's all good.

i mounted 12\" subs in my headlight buckets so i can share the tunes with the peeps walking the streets. i mounted a 15\" \"bazooka\" sub under the passengers and drivers seat to keep us regular. that shiznit's better than muslix. i got 19 6x9 speakers in my back seat, all mounted in their own self contained fibo cases. the disco ball that hangs in the rear window is linked to the 15\" subs under the seats and spins and blinks everytime there is some serious low-end. i made a special headliner that houses 8 tweeters and also has a plug in for internet access so i can use my laptop in the car.

i ran out of money and couldnt afford an x-box set up, so i bought 2 gameboy units and got my mom to knit some cases for them and i stuffed them under the rear seat.

now that i'm hooked on that killa show \"pimp my ride\", i've been inspired to use all the oil my car leaks and build an oil waterfall. it'll be made of see through pink plexi glass and will have a tropical theme to it.

;)  :lol:  

Offline HeliMike

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 09:35:50 AM »
bwaaaahahahahaha :lol:

That's some funny shite silas. :rockon:

67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline phat_dub

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 11:25:33 AM »
yo,

i gots me a specially made flat screen plasma tv mounted in my windsheild. that way i can watch tv while i drive. i fabbed up a steering wheel remote control so i got the controls in the palms of my hands at all times. sometimes i accidently change channels while turning left tho, but it's all good.

i mounted 12" subs in my headlight buckets so i can share the tunes with the peeps walking the streets. i mounted a 15" "bazooka" sub under the passengers and drivers seat to keep us regular. that shiznit's better than muslix. i got 19 6x9 speakers in my back seat, all mounted in their own self contained fibo cases. the disco ball that hangs in the rear window is linked to the 15" subs under the seats and spins and blinks everytime there is some serious low-end. i made a special headliner that houses 8 tweeters and also has a plug in for internet access so i can use my laptop in the car.

i ran out of money and couldnt afford an x-box set up, so i bought 2 gameboy units and got my mom to knit some cases for them and i stuffed them under the rear seat.

now that i'm hooked on that killa show "pimp my ride", i've been inspired to use all the oil my car leaks and build an oil waterfall. it'll be made of see through pink plexi glass and will have a tropical theme to it.

;)  :lol:
haha lol, thats five minutes you'll never get back.
BatteryUniversity.com
Informatik.com

[size=8]1965 Beetle 1914cc
1990 Golf GTI 8V
[/size]
[/font]

Offline Scratchy

• http://scratchy.kicks-ass.net
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 06:57:46 PM »
You just break me up Silas!  :lol:
Where do you come up with stuff like this?
It would be just hilarious....... if it wasn't true  :wacko:

See My Truck

-= Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room! =-

Offline ryanmacneil8448

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 07:02:31 PM »
You just break me up Silas!  :lol:
Where do you come up with stuff like this?
It would be just hilarious....... if it wasn't true  :wacko:

See My Truck
you drive toyota single cab me to but i never thought speakers would fit back there
i think its a yota is it?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 07:03:19 PM by ryanmacneil8448 »
sorry about my lack of grammar

Offline Scratchy

• http://scratchy.kicks-ass.net
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 07:20:48 PM »
Yup, 14 years old and still like new...

Clicky

More than I can say about my '70 beetle when it was 14.  :(  

-= Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room! =-

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 07:41:26 PM »
yo,

i mounted 12" subs in my headlight buckets so i can share the tunes with the peeps walking the streets. i mounted a 15" "bazooka" sub under the passengers and drivers seat to keep us regular. that shiznit's better than muslix. i got 19 6x9 speakers in my back seat, all mounted in their own self contained fibo cases. the disco ball that hangs in the rear window is linked to the 15" subs under the seats and spins and blinks everytime there is some serious low-end. i made a special headliner that houses 8 tweeters and also has a plug in for internet access so i can use my laptop in the car.

now that i'm hooked on that killa show "pimp my ride", i've been inspired to use all the oil my car leaks and build an oil waterfall. it'll be made of see through pink plexi glass and will have a tropical theme to it.

;)  :lol:
That is even funnier :lol:  :lol:

The only Ice I have is on Manda's fingers
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 08:27:34 PM »
p-hat, it may have taken you 5 minutes to read that, but it only took me 2 minutes to type it.

and it was well worth it. ;)