Author Topic: Oil Pre Pump  (Read 1592 times)

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Oil Pre Pump
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:05:22 PM »
many people e-mailed me in the past and again lately about my oil pump gizzmo.to answer the questions  it is a jabsco self priming mini pump with a neoprene impeller.model #8860 or 8870 -0001.avalible at either a marine supplie shop or hydrolic supplie shop .the one way valve is a ball /cone check valve made by conbraco p#61-102-01, it will take high tempatures as well as has a low opening pressure , avalible through hydrolic equipment supplie places.system is easy to operate and install, modifie the block off plate that covers the oil filler spot on the bottom edge of the sump and use that as your oil source and feed that directly to the inlet of the pump. the outlet goes through the valve and into the inlet of the filter.this way it primes the pump / filter/cooler and then to the block in that order . i activate it from a switch in the car and it builds a easy 20 psi in a few seconds. this will help save your bearings by preventing long dry starts caused by thick oil and long cooler lines.hope this gives some idea's to those inquiring
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 11:21:24 PM by jim martin »

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline Bubba

Oil Pre Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 11:31:08 PM »
Great idea.  I seem to recall a system used a while ago called Accusump(?) to pre-oil prior to startup.  I believe that it charged up against a sprung piston, and would discharge through a check valve when you turn the key to fire up the motor.  Looks good. B)  
64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
Oil Pre Pump
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 07:18:03 PM »
i think even morrosso makes a unit like that in a few differant sizes,oil pressure pushes the plunger and spring back and you release it manualy ,but you could configure it with a solinoid i'm sure

Dialedinp

Billyisgr8

Oil Pre Pump
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 10:08:26 PM »
I have seen an air pressure system, prime it  with air then open valve start engine, before engine is stopped close valve which holds oil in resovoir tank at regular oil preasure from engine, which would be ready the next time you go to start the engine.  Fairly simple  mechanical system.

Kevin

Offline jim martin

Oil Pre Pump
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »
here you go mark, i thought i had posted this once before .you can see the line coming from the sump to the pump inlet and after the pump it t's into the inlet side of the oil filter /outlet of the main oil pump through the one way valve.
if you have any other questions or have a hard time finding the parts let me know.
one good point i just thought of is to mount the pump as shown as it makes impeller replacement easier if needed, as well since a thin paper gasket is used to seal the impeller housing there can be a very small trace of oil present there at times.but so little you will never know it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:21:03 PM by jim martin »

Dialedinp