Author Topic: Fuel Injection  (Read 1522 times)

Russ

Fuel Injection
« on: August 03, 2005, 10:40:55 AM »
anybody have any feedback on running an after market fuel injection set-up?
i know Darren has switched over is it primarily for race cars?or can it be feesable on a daily driver?
any idea on how difficult they are to set-up?
thanks for any help
Russ

Offline dannyboy

Fuel Injection
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:16:49 AM »
if you have the time to tinker for the first little bit (to get things tuned up) it would be an awesome addition to a daily
better fuel economy, better driveability, in some cases more power, and the options available for efi is endless.
apparently cb has upgraded their fuel injection systems from just two dials to tune their efi systems, to a fully programable system
im not sure if its available as of yet tho....

Offline James Buchan

Fuel Injection
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 11:46:30 AM »
CB Perf has just put forth a new and improved injection system - I don't know the details but from what I have read it is supposed to have the best of all the systems combined into it...

Well,  We are just about ready to announce that our new ECU is ready to market.  The prototype was tested at our shop with amazing results last Friday. This new ECU is fully programmable. It incorperates the inexspensive Bosch wide band 02 sensor. Some of its features are;  24 x 22 fuel and ignition matrix. This allows amazing resolution for tuning. Target air fuel table with the same 24 x 22 matrix. This allows you to plug in your desired air fuel ratio and the ECU's auto tune feature will target that air fuel ratio. The auto tune feature is extremely fast. 25 channels of data logging. Very easy to use software. alpha N, TPS and Map or closed loop functions. I ran our test 2275cc engine with a FK-89 cam in the closed loop mode with auto tune. It was amazing how fast the ECU achieved the desired air fuel ratio and how smooth it did it. I had this engine running at 14-1 air fuel ratio and idling at 850 rpms. We are projecting that this ECU will be available towards the end of september.  Retail cost For the ECU will be around $695.00 with the software. As far as a complete EFI kit, we will anounce the cost at a later time.

Pat Downs

Talk to Turbo Jim or Kroc they might know more.

CHEECH

Fuel Injection
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 12:14:39 PM »
You may also want to talk to Cale as he is running the CB turbo EFI and is using the EdgeTech wideband and I know he has been doing ALOT of research on this for his new motor.

Offline Custom76Bus

• http://vw.norquaydesign.com
Fuel Injection
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 03:20:44 AM »
i'm gonna be running megasquirt on my 76. I'll let you know how it goes :o
--Gavin
1976 Custom Westfalia... in the works.

Offline Bugboy696

Fuel Injection
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 05:24:06 PM »
I'm running the Haltech E6K with crank triggered coilpack ignition.

All I have to say is that there is nothing better then being able to set the timing to exactly where you want it and meter the exact amount of fuel with a laptop.

it controls my oil fan, boost controller, intercooler fan, and whatever else you want!!  

These megasquirt systems seem to be getting alot better and the price keeps on going down on them too! They seem like a good bang for the buck.

Offline Ovalzealous

Fuel Injection
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 01:29:51 AM »
Two of the guys from the Victoria club are running the Megasquirt setup and are really happy with it. I helped a bit while they were installing and tuning the systems. Cool stuff.