Author Topic: The Start Of Poorboys Racing  (Read 942 times)

Offline kirin

The Start Of Poorboys Racing
« on: October 10, 2003, 11:00:52 PM »
So my friend Kaminski and I started talking tonight about autocross. We both are in the situation where or only cars suitable for autocross are projects or something like that. So talk insued of buying a rabbit.. Then he suggest why don't we get a superbeetle.. Thus the start of Poorboys racing. So what we want to do is have a budget autocrosser. low budget all the way with a spraybomb paint job:) Going to gut the interior do a few cheap things.. add some dual carbs and then thrash it! So.. We are looking for a cheap superbeetle chassis or a running superbeetle. Rustwise the more solid the better. Interior wise doesn't matter we are going to be gutting it,engine wise.. coming with one that runs alright is a plus without one is alright too.. Total budget.. $2004
Our winter project.. Coming to a boundary bay autocross course near you..
-Poorboys racing team
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 08:28:58 AM »
Hey I have a 75 Baja, With a 091 Bud Tranny, Poly seats, New Ball joint front end, more fenders than you can shake a stick at. 1600 dual port, needs a little work.. $1500 and she is yours,,,
If not I am going to part her out I think... I need to focus on Big Engine

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline AlanU

• http://members.shaw.ca/acvw/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 11:30:54 AM »
Back in the day there was a club called the Thunderbugs which has long gone been a memory of a team of old school beetles that did the autocross circuit. VW enthusiast people that you probably already  know or know of where once a part of that team. If you talk to seasoned experienced Autocross/roadracers it'll bring back good memories of the past if you mention the \"thunderbugs\".  

history is reborn an it looks like it'll start all over again,  good luck to Poorboys Racing
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 11:32:18 AM by AlanU »