Author Topic: why is everything made in China...  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Alp

• I’m not your type. I’m not inflatable.
why is everything made in China...
« on: July 07, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »
just saw this posted:
"For instance, the average hourly wage of factory workers in southern China is around $0.80 per hour, $32.00 per week, and $1,664 annually based on a 40-hour week, according to averagesalarysurvey.com. In the U.S., the average annual salary is $47,000"

Offline berliner

Re: why is everything made in China...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:02:44 PM »
It all comes down to dollars and cents;The Chinese are perfectly capable of manufacturing top quality merchandise,but the people on our side of the pond tell them"I want a million of these,and make them as cheap as you can"So they do just that.Thus our market is flooded with crap,and a large part of the population has come to expect crap and buy crap.I will not set foot inside a Walmart;they are the leading cause of North American manufacturing going overseas.
what can possibly go wrong?                                                                     64ghia

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Re: why is everything made in China...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »

Ironic that China being a communist country, has such a high number of millionaires.

They earned a horrific reputation on human rights, and the north Americans cares too F&^% much. Then we get them to make a few changes in exchange for access to our markets. Their population is exponential compared to the North America and they do not have all the rules we have. Now you cannot find affortable North American manufacture merchandise even with the high cost of tranportation from overseas.

But take that a bit closer and see how many of your neighbors live and work in BC and run south any chance they get to spend hundreds of dollars while the local businesses are getting stuck with inventory , paying the high tax burden, and losing money on their sales to get cash flow.

my two bits.