Author Topic: Airspeed Closing?  (Read 5353 times)

Offline vwshawn

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 07:42:28 PM »
Sorry to hear the sad news!
Is there a way to keep this forum alive?  It would be ashame to see this site go down, since there is alot of knowledge, comments, photos etc!

Thanks,
Shawn

Offline James Buchan

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 07:52:16 PM »
AirSpeed will be ceasing retail operations as of 28 Oct 2006. We sincerely thank all of our customers for their patronage and support during the last four years. We will continue to service online orders for on-hand inventory to the best of our ability until stock runs out. Everything must go, so please contact us with your wants list. The forum will remain on-line as a meeting place for all our friends in the Volkswagen community.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »
its not like you need to read fine print or something

Billyisgr8

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 09:14:59 PM »
Too bad the business  couldn't be sold  to some other vw gearheads.  Seems like a quick decision to shut it down.  But then we are only hearing of this now.  It could have been in the planning stages for some time.  

Kevin

Offline Cameron

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 09:05:21 AM »
Wow! I'm so dissappointed to see that AirSpeed is closing. They have been a great help to me.  

It's an insane world out there... and I'm proud to be part of it!

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 12:42:53 AM »
man this sucks !!!... you guy's have been great , i love you sooo much geoff , ... jim your alright too..... d'oh !! ...............i need a hug.

well , i guess were gonna rock out with our cock out at the qiuck 'n' dirty, for a closing party.

"only dead fish swim with the stream"

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 07:56:35 AM »
Wow. just found this out yesterday! Sorry to hear guys, you have no idea as to how much you really helped me out on my ghia. How am I going to get the Fiat done without you guys? :( . Whatever you guys do in the future, I wish you well. Thanks for the help and if I can do anything for you guys let me know. Brian. xoxo

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 12:52:18 PM »
Thanks everyone,
The business can be sold IF someone shows enough intrest and can take it on and make it grow. We don't want to sell it and have it go down hill. It's sometimes good to go out on top. If someone was really interested in the shop they can contact us. It would come with all dealer contacts, inventory- new and used, web store, customers,USA wharehouse, etc. It's a turn key business that you can set up anywhere.

As I have told Jim and everyone else I know, I will carry on the Airspeed forums as well as all extra forum gallery's, Video pages and such. As well I will always do my best to host show n shine's, swap meets etc wherever I can find time and space to do so. It's very important to me to keep the ASF alive for the VW comunity.

All of our customers have been great to us and it's the least I can do.

If anyone is thinking of building a car or motor now is the time to buy your parts. We have some great deals going on but stock is going fast!.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

G.

Offline mike

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »
This is definitely sad sad news to hear. Never good to hear, and it even worse that it's happening now just before everyone's project work begins over the winter.  Geoff, Jim and Jason Thanks for all your help and advise, if it wasn't for you guys I would not of gotten my motor running. I wish I could have supported you more in the past.  

Best of luck to all you of in your future endeavors.

Michael

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 02:21:50 PM »
Thanks everyone,
The business can be sold IF someone shows enough intrest and can take it on and make it grow. We don't want to sell it and have it go down hill. It's sometimes good to go out on top. If someone was really interested in the shop they can contact us. It would come with all dealer contacts, inventory- new and used, web store, customers,USA wharehouse, etc. It's a turn key business that you can set up anywhere.

As I have told Jim and everyone else I know, I will carry on the Airspeed forums as well as all extra forum gallery's, Video pages and such. As well I will always do my best to host show n shine's, swap meets etc wherever I can find time and space to do so. It's very important to me to keep the ASF alive for the VW comunity.

All of our customers have been great to us and it's the least I can do.

If anyone is thinking of building a car or motor now is the time to buy your parts. We have some great deals going on but stock is going fast!.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

G.

I once had a deal with Kirin which was paid by  a credit with Airspeed.

I  wonder after the fact.

If all the selling and buying  that was conducted on the classifieds would have take place in the same fashion, whether we would be addressing this issue now.

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 02:52:42 PM »
yea, we'd all have airspeed credits with no value! ;) I'll miss you guys, I feel at least that I'd not crossed to the dark side of the big box store to buy something(CIP...) and only once to BowWow, although I've heard lots of rumours about their stability too.  I guess they'll be my next spot.
thanks again for the help
Brian
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:53:26 PM by bwaz »
brian waz

Offline driverfound269

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »
It's to bad to see you close the store, it's part of my yearly vacation to visit the shop!  
Everytime I build it idiot proof, they build a better idiot!

Russ

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »
WTF...can't i take a vacation with out things falling apart.
in all seriousness it's too bad and we wish the best for you both

devestated...
russ and erin

Offline steiner

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 10:52:58 PM »
Holy SHIT!
1964 21 bus

Offline username

Airspeed Closing?
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 05:10:05 PM »
Damn! The week I pull my Ghia out of the garage, blow away 10 years of dust, and look forward to heading to Airspeed with wishlist in hand...
Really sorry to see you guys go. I've been out of the scene for a little while and it looks like I missed a great 4 years.

Geoff,  I've been ignoring my ghia for a decade because I thought it needed too much work. After following your Heb-rod build-up and seeing it at GCVW, you inspired me. You're a legend dude.

Best of luck to the Airspeed crew.