Author Topic: Aug 26 2003  (Read 5667 times)

Forum Master

Aug 26 2003
« on: August 28, 2003, 09:22:06 AM »
Here are a few more shots of  Speed E, Spent last night doing a little paint and rust removal.  The pic below shows using a flat razor blade to remove the old paint. This paint job looks to be the second that has been done or so it appears. The van was primered at one time in a brown color and then there looks to be a green metalic? maybe it was used as a guide coat? The Neptune blue was then applied over the green.

The flat blade while it remains sharp is a great way to remove the old paint. It's a little soar on the fingers but makes quick work of it.

This is aprox 1 hr later, my fingers are raw and i'm only half way thru the center of the roof.

Next i moved onto drilling out the spot welds on the inner rocker. To get at these i'm drilling down from inside the cargo area. the holes will be filled with weld when the new panel is instaled.

Rust rust rust!!!!!! the underneath sure looked good, well it's not as bad as it looks. The rust is only on the inner and outer rocker. The outrigger you see that looks rusty is only where the undercoating came off after being painted. It is all solid and will be cleaned and repainted when the rockers are instaled.

Here you can get a good idea of the extent of the rust that was hidden, the removal will take some time as there are lots of hard to get to spot welds.

Click here to go to the Speed-e Delivery Discussion Room[/size]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 10:14:15 AM by Forum Master »

Forum Master

Aug 26 2003
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 09:23:09 AM »
Hey! Look what I found..............More rust!