Author Topic: 914/4 Steering column ?  (Read 2982 times)

Offline s3racing

• http://www.walti-sanitaer.ch
914/4 Steering column ?
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »
Hi Guys I need some help here. I'm not sure whats all missing that I need to bolt on to the MoMo steering hub to make the horn work. I'm guessing a horn ring of sorts like what we have on the beetle columns. Can anyone help or does anyone have the parts laying around waiting to sell them to little old me . lol. we are guessing that its out of a 1973 914/4 and so for the parts for that have fit.

thanks for any helps Cheers Rene

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
Re: 914/4 Steering column ?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:41:43 AM »
What's the back side of the adaptor look like?
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline s3racing

• http://www.walti-sanitaer.ch
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 01:18:33 PM »
Both of these pics are from the internet so not sure how accurate they are unfortunately but if it is as pictured i might have just answered my own question. lol I just know the stock vw and Le Carra ones and I assumed that it would be the same that one would have to add a horn ring or something from Porsche etc. I guess it will be worth getting my brother to take another look see. Thanks for making me dig deeper.

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 03:39:50 PM »
If it's got that brassy/copper like ring on the back all you have to do is find the terminal on it and fish a short wire though the hub to connect to the horn button, the column already has the contacts to rub on it. You may have to move the signal switch up the column until the contacts rub on the ring though.
RUST NEVER SLEEPS