Author Topic: Type 3 stuff  (Read 1746 times)

Offline splitworld

Type 3 stuff
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
If anyone needs any interior stuff for a type 3 I got lots, just parted out a square.

let me know what you need.

it was a 71 square.
71 SQUARE

Offline grantsquareplus

Re: Type 3 stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:58:40 PM »
hey there.  im new to the scene in vancouver, and i have a 70 square, with a weird roof. my intherior is pooched what do you still have on that you dismembered?  first square parts i have found! thanks in advance, grant

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
You the one with the green "high roof" squareback? I hear there is an interesting story behind it....

Offline el_flechador

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
Do you have a passenger side door card in black in good condition , the pocket in mine is hooped. Cheap?

Offline grantsquareplus

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »
thats mine. it was my brothers for 20 yrs or so, he took his parts car, chopped the roof down and put it on top. he did it to snowboard in whistler and camp, then moved there and there it sat. then he moved to the island,  and i kicked his butt to start his 69 notch, which is 90% there, and he gave it to me for working on his property outside duncan...  she  is lovely, but just in the first stages right now had her a couple of months so all in due sweet time. and shes been a faithful daily for me.    BUT need to aircare soon, and need to swap to the spare fresh rebuild block i have, but its daunting frankly.  I had a 69 camper in TO(ya i know)  but a type three is all new to me, and i cant decide to go FI or carb.  its FI in it now, and running okish, but no go for ai rcare i'm sure. she needs a good once over.  i saw a mobile mechanic on here for really reasonable rates tat drives a fastback, i am hoping to contact him and chat... long winded i know. but ya. thats my ride. people don't just smile at her, they point and laff.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 11:45:13 PM »
hey grant...it was great meeting you today & welcome to the airspeedforum...this is where all the s#!t goes down! ;) :D

bruce (aka notchback) might be able to help...

http://www.airspeedparts.com/forums/index.php?topic=16976.0

or scour the classifieds on this site for parts or donor motors...you also might be able to find some stuff in the swap meet at the great canadian show too...or just start picking peoples brains and see where you end up.

pretty unique ride you got there...that's for sure!!

Offline grantsquareplus

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 06:52:34 AM »
had a great time meeting you and the rest on sunday. very friendly group. i had been googlin' the hell outa vw's in vancouver, and im really really happy to find this forum. very cool indeed. definately goin to the show as well.  all the best, ill see you soon. You_Rock_Emoticon

Offline splitworld

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:49:22 PM »
Sorry I took so long to get back, I totally saw that weird type 3 in north Burnaby, haha, I think you were working there for a few days. I have quite a few interior parts, speedo, clock, dash, trim, all that kinda stuff. Even have a nice type 3 Gas heater. Some outside trim as well. I just have a few garbage bins full of stuff, its came out of a tan interior car, so no Black panels sorry flechador. I do have the front panels though, and all the carpet I think. It was all in pretty good shape, I would love to bring it to the meet this weekend but I think I am going to be busy. I think I would go for carbs, just to hard to get fuel injection parts, however, carbs dont seem to be that friendly in the 3's for aircare, unless you find a nice set I guess. wouldn't recommend the cheap empi ones.
71 SQUARE

Offline sundog kid

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
I'm looking for a type 3 clock, working or not.

Also Grant, I was the guy with the white square at the BP get together. If you don't find what your need locally, let me know, I have a somewhat complete black high back interior.

Contrary to popular belief, I am neither a dog nor a kid.

Offline splitworld

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »
Yeah I have a clock, I believe it is the later model clock, with a black background, from 72 on.... still works?
71 SQUARE

Offline sundog kid

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 04:26:01 PM »
Yeah I have a clock, I believe it is the later model clock, with a black background, from 72 on.... still works?

I dont think its the same fascia as the pre 72's, so unfortunately it won't work. Thats sucks lol.

Offline splitworld

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 10:22:05 PM »
Yeah its the later black background, I have the old style in my 70, much better :). I like your square!
71 SQUARE

Offline sundog kid

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »
Thanks man, I was well recieved down in vancouver, everyone I talked to was nice, can't wait for next year!

Offline dubbershawn

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »
I sent you an email with a list of stuff I need.  Let me know if you still have any of it.

Thanks.