Author Topic: Allow myself to introduce....myself  (Read 2063 times)

Offline dwvw

Allow myself to introduce....myself
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »
Hello all, my name is Dereck Waller and I have been driving VW's for 22 years now. Started with a 76 rabbit and got my first aircooled about a year after that. Have been through quite a few, but still have my first aircooled car (java green 65). Currently own the 65 Beetle, 86 Cabriolet, 03 GTI and 2010 GTI. Anyways, I am in the process of doing a complete pan off "resto" of the 65 and hoping to have it together sometime at the end of August just in time to store it for the winter!

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Re: Allow myself to introduce....myself
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:51:59 PM »
Very nice! welcome to the ASF

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »
welcome!! great looking project. the colour on my computer monitor sucks...is that a dark brown?

late august, eh? you do know that there is the best local all vw show weekend this side of the california state line happening on aug 26/27/28, right!! it'd be a perfect place to debut the car. or even just come out and meet some folks and have some fun!!!

http://gcvws.com/

regardless...great job on the 65. keep us posted on the progress!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:55:50 PM by silas »

Offline dwvw

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 09:00:08 AM »
Yeah, it's chestnut brown, was tired of the green but wanted a stock colour.  I was at last years GCVW, drove 12 hours, slept at my aunts,went to the show, drove 12 hours back. Pretty crazy. I actually have to be at a course in Calgary this year so I won't be able to make it.