Author Topic: VINTAGE WEEKEND...NEW SAT. NIGHT EVENT AND DIFFERENT SUNDAY SHOW  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Clara H

Hey Everyone,
After the Vintage Meet on Saturday, there will be a Caravan of VW's leaving Shore Line College heading to Snohomish (22 miles away, on a very beautiful cruise to get there) focusing on the Air Cooled Models. It is $10.00 for the driver & vehicle to camp and $5.00 per extra person which includes your BBQ German Sausage. This a first event for these guys and they are hoping that lots of VW's come out. There is limmited grass space for tents (first come first serve) and lots of Blacktop for parking your Westy's etc. They are also having a Show and Shne on the Sunday at the same location.

The leader of the cruise will be in the swap all day Saturday...his name is Vinne and he will be swapping out of his 62 Pickup. Talk to him for more information.

NOt sure what this event will amount to but it's probably worth checking out.

I am not able to make it but my hubby (Greg) and son are planning on driving his 56 Oval down. Their plan is to attend the Fri night, Sat. then the cruise, BBQ and camp out before heading out to the Sunday Naval Station for the afternoon.... It should be a really full weekend!

Hope others can make it too...

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Re: VINTAGE WEEKEND...NEW SAT. NIGHT EVENT AND DIFFERENT SUNDAY SHOW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:20:49 AM »
Hey Clara...
It's too bad we didn't get a little more notice.... sounds like fun. Have you got any more exact details about where it is... other than talk to Vinnie, or in Snohomish?
brian waz

Offline Clara H

Re: VINTAGE WEEKEND...NEW SAT. NIGHT EVENT AND DIFFERENT SUNDAY SHOW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
We Just found out about this one yesterday and thought to pass it along, they hope to make it an annual event also.

The location of the Sat night  & Sunday event is:

15 cedar ave
snohomish, washington

It's called Vinnie's Bus CampOut and is being sponsored by Autopia.

Directions are as follows: (Keep in mind that the mapquest directions are WRONG at the end so these will get you there if you do not want to travel with the group or get lost)

1. Take I-5 North > 10.1 miles
2. Take 128th STREET SW/WA-96 E EXIT 9EXIT 186) 0.3 MILES
3. TURN RIGHT ONTO 128TH ST SE/WA-96. CONTINUE TO FOLLOW WA-96. 3.2 MILES
4.STAY STRAIGHT TO GO ONTO 132ND ST SE. 0.3 MILES
5.132ND ST SE BECOMES 134TH PL SE. 0.7 MILES
6.134 PL SE BECOMES CATHCART WAY. 2.0 MILES
7.TURN LEFT ONTO WA-9. 3.4 MILES
8.TAKE THE RAMP TOWARDS SNOHOMISH. 0.1 MILE
9. KEEP RIGHT AT THE FORK TO GO ON 2ND ST. 0.8 MILES
-AT THE TEXACO, TURN LEFT ONTO CEDAR AVE 0.0 MILES
-END AT 15 CEDAR AVE SNOHOMISH, WA 98290-2929
(IT'S ON THE RIGHT)

ESTIMATES 33 MINUTES
ESTIMATES 22.98 MILES

HOPE THIS HELPS !

contact infor for washington is:

claralw@aol.com

(Yes, her name is also Clara and her boyfriend's name is Greg (same as my husband's))

Who would think two " Clara & Greg's " in the VW scence......