Author Topic: venue change  (Read 6402 times)

Offline buggy1

venue change
« on: July 18, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
Any thoughts to moving the great canadian out to Mission. We hold the old car Sunday in the park with over 300 cars. there is lots of room,there would be room for people to camp nearby,possibility of beer gardens and it would tie in nicely with the drags on friday and cruise on the Saturday.
Just throwing it out for discussion.
'65 buggy
'58 baja in progress
Sunset Buggy Club

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Re: venue change
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 06:06:06 PM »
i have nothing to do with the gcvws organization...but having the show in mission with a bunch of other cars would be wrong imho.

i love all types of vintage steel...but i truly look forward to the gcvws every year because i know it is all vw...all the time. plus the location is perfect (scenic, local, green spaces, kids park, spectator parking, the swap & show are close but not too close together, etc) and even tho the show has been getting bigger each year...i still think the venue is just the right size (not too big...not too small).

just my $.02 ;)

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 06:42:36 PM »
YA....i'm with Silas on that one!
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline Bruce

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »
When you are restricted to one brand, having the location central to the majority of cars is the key to success.  I can't imagine there are too many VW enthusiasts out in Hope.

Offline buggy1

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
Sorry if you guys thought that I was suggesting to move it to the same time as old car sunday in Mission, which happens to be every fathers day weekend. My thought was to have the volks alone out there.
If you guys get a chance come on out and see it next year, it would be great to see some more vw's there!
'65 buggy
'58 baja in progress
Sunset Buggy Club

Offline piercedvw

• aka Karmann Ghia
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »
It's annually in Coq.. Been there ever since I can remember. It's central and open.. and only vw's..
It's Christmas for most of us... this is our North Pole.
 Not a good idea to fix something that isn't broken.

Offline Chris W

• Portland Oregon
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
The place where it's at now is one of the best places for a car show I have ever seen. It's a nice place to walk around when the 6 hours looking at parked cars gets old.

Offline JimZ

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »
We come over from the Sunshine Coast every year
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:36:38 AM by JimZ »
76 Bus  VW Trike  67 Bug   FS 72 Bug Project

Offline driverfound269

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 11:07:06 PM »
I drive for 15 hours every year to get to this show ....Coq is THE place to have it because there is a great mall down the road to keep the wife and kids busy for hours.
I vote no to the move.
Everytime I build it idiot proof, they build a better idiot!

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 07:16:37 AM »
I drive for 15 hours every year to get to this show ....Coq is THE place to have it because there is a great mall down the road to keep the wife and kids busy for hours.
I vote no to the move.

Can you sell enough swap stuff to break even? :o