Author Topic: My 68 Squareback Project  (Read 1185 times)

Offline HeliMike

My 68 Squareback Project
« on: December 07, 2005, 06:55:01 PM »
Well, here is my 68 squareback as of June/05. She's in a bunch of little pieces up in Salmon Arm-pit right now at Moonlight's for the winter getting a new coat of paint as well as the bodywork done. Hopefully, Jason will have some pic's for me some time soon but I'm not holding my breath!  :P  Sorry buddy I couldn't resist.

I've already converted the rear suspension to a beetle-style IRS (unlike the later Type-3's). 4-wheel disc brakes and hammered it as much as I could and still be somewhat roadworthy but wiith 135's on the front it ain't much.
I've got a 2332cc presently in the works and will be adding a tranny to hold it together in the future. Needless to say, with that motor she'll have to be raised back up again to clear the oil sump.
Exterior colour will be Audi Aviator Grey (See pic below) with a burned red \"pleather\" interior with piping and stitching to offset the exteior colour as well as the addition of re-plated bumpers and early mouldings to be re-attatched.
Wheels will be 15 x 6 5-spoke Fuchs in the traditional polished and black.
If the budget allows, I would like to add an air-ride suspension but that may have to wait until next year.
Just building it to be a kick-ass summer cruiser and maybe take it down the track a couple of times for shits 'n giggles to see what she can do.
Not loooking for anything flashy, just a well thought out and semi-custom cruiser.

Here's the car in the not-so-cool pink colour it used to be:

Here's the paint colour I'm goin' with:

Cheers!
-Mike
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
My 68 Squareback Project
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 10:49:52 AM »
Keep posting pic's, Maybe Jason can add a few as he gets the body work closer. Should be a very nice car when done. :rockon: