Author Topic: My Project 73  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Stevie

My Project 73
« on: August 07, 2005, 01:10:53 PM »

Caution: this bug may be seen in the abbotsford area, completly slammed on 195 60R15's.. recklessly driven by an 18 year old male, with tunes pumping and suspension jumping...

This bug started out as a 73 standard beetle, with torn up seats, holes in the body, stock height, with no motor or tranny.
An irs trans supplied by geoff at airspeed, and an old tired 1600dp from a smashed up blue 72, got this car rolling...  1964 fenders headlights and tailights were added

10 months and a lot of money later the car was legaly safe to be opperated on canadian roads.. since the first engine, there has been 2 others and 2 complete rebuilds.  

Suspension:

The front beam was narrowed 3 inches thanks to James buchan, along with the airspeed narrowtrack swaybar, about a month after the front was down i decided to lower the back, i don't even know how many splines it went down,but the car rests on 1/3 of the rubber bump stop
soon after i relized that the rear was slightly lower then the front, so that called for lowwering the front more, so off i go to airspeed and recieve drop spindles and disc breaks for the front.   the front end is noticably lower then the rear now and just about the height i want it.

SOUND::

The tunes in this car pump from a $900 ghost touchscreen panasonic mp3 CD player, and plays through a set of clarion 3-way 6x9's, and a single 10\" 400watt clarion sub in a sealed box..

future plans:

full body off resto
2276cc FI turbo
7.5\" in dash touch screen deck
2 12\" Audibahn compitition subs in a custom fiberglass encloser
roof rack
widened fiberglass fenders

18's with a 35 series tire :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 01:13:22 PM by Stevie »

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle