Author Topic: How I became WESTY69  (Read 1373 times)

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
How I became WESTY69
« on: January 29, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »
My very first bus , 1969 bay window , penthouse pop top . I picked it up here on Vancouver island , it was my first vw :) it had a mismatched interior paint was ok etc , but it was my first vw and knew I had to do this up right , so I went searching for parts . I think I bought most of the bits and pieces up and down the island lol until I found this smashed in 72 bus for $1000 , it had every ext panel dented but ran awesome annnnd it had a complete 1969 interior . Ohhh I was excited , so , I pulled my 69 totally apart and have it a total makeover , complete new int panels etc , but what to do with the 72 , well lets fix it up too , 3 months of stripping tremclad paint bangin out every single dent , full do over and of course I sold it and continued driving my Westy 69.
My good friend at the time did a drive across Canada in his bus and sold it way back east , I got a call , hey would you sell me your bus , I laughed and said , for you , okay lol.
My work took me to Vancouver , no vw just lots of work trucks , I was with brother and he always wanted a vw bus , it just so happened that my old 69 bus was for sale and he was looking for a truck which my brother had to trade .
So , here I sit in my new home , in Vancouver and low and behold , this Westy 69 is now sitting in our driveway , needing help , so of course I help my brother fix the back yard mechanics,  my friend did to this poor bus .
Well , my brother ran the crap out of this bus , blew the engine and without me knowing , put it up for sale , I dropped everything and went to go get it and bring it back home . Spent thousands and thousands getting it back to show room condition but had no time to ever drive it :(
I put it up for sale and a young couple bought it , they lived right behind me so it was kind of a bonus to be able to see it regularly .
All they did with it was go smoke pot , drive to the corner store , munch out like crazy and drive it back , what a waste . I know of it's last whereabouts and one day will go but it for the 3rd and last time ;))
Gawd I love Volkswagens ;)))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:07:50 PM by WESTY69 »
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
Re: How I became WESTY69
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »
Way better pics of my 69 penthouse and the 72 . What they turned into was a lot of work but dam so much fun ;)

Yah , also , don't get caught off gaurd when friends are taking pics , no I wasn't drunk or stoned haha
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)