Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Badrang

New to the forum
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:50:18 PM »
I was told about this forum by Liquid who happened to see my family's dune buggy. He told me it was good community with lots of guys that chat and help eachother out, so here I am. My vintage volkswagen interest began with the previously mentioned dune buggy, which is a shortened pan with custom fiberglass body with a removable roof. Looks similar to a Manx but not exactly. Currently it has 1600cc motor and 15" rear and 14" front chevy rims. I'll try and find some pictures if I can. It was built in the mid seventies by my grandfather who owned a fiberglass shop, some of his friends and employees and some guys from a nearby body shop. They made about 6 or 7, between them and have since been scattered and I have never seen another. However, I did once run into a son of someone who still has one. Anyhow its primary function was moose hunting which my granfather did for many years and my father still does. At present I use it for recreational use and keep it running with the help of my uncle, who is another volkswagen fanatic. He owns a 57 or 58 beetle that was used for racing and has been mostly restored but currently resides in a million boxes in his garage. Its been an ongoing project for many years. As well he has a 1968 camperized bus and a 1968 baja beetle that he is looking to sell. I plan on making another post about these for those who are interested.

My future plans include improving our family's dune buggy, it has had a hard life and been neglected for a few years before I became invloved with it. We just put in the 1600 last year as well as  a new brake system, this year we've redone the front end and are working on replacing the transmission. As well, I am seriously considering buying a beetle for use as a daily driver but haven't really taken a serious look at any project cars yet.

So thats pretty much my story and I look forward to becoming part of the community.   

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 06:11:41 PM »

Welcome to air speed forum.

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »
welcome!!

"only dead fish swim with the stream"

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »
Good to have a new member, welcome!

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »
yo  :)
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.