Author Topic: newbie here from sc  (Read 1218 times)

Offline lonebker

newbie here from sc
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »
hi, names matt, new to the site and pretty new to vw's.  i did belong to another site, but got banned for asking to many questions to too many people. like i said im new to this, have worked on many a v8 vehicle, but never a vw.  wanted to try something new. i think i found it, have had people from the other site still email me asking if i need help and giving me advice, and information. i bought 2 supers, then 3 days later a standard. the one super was shot but had to go in the deal, gave some parts to people who needed them, and got rid of the super. i am now transfering the engine, and maybe tranny from the other super to the standard, the standard is in almost perfect body shape, but is stripped so this will be a resto of sorts but hotrodded. i joined another site also and have had alot of people tell me the problems they had with the other site and have welcomed me to their site, so im glad now.  the standard is orange, i have plans of lowering the suspension, the motor runs pretty good at high idle but not at normal idle so gonna go through the normal stuff. vacum leaks, plugs, maybe a pertronix.  if anyone has comments, advice, information, or to give me hell. go ahead im here to learn.  the old dog new tricks kinda thing. thanks  take care

matt

Offline blarneyman

Re: newbie here from sc
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:04:49 AM »
Welcome!
Do you have any pics of your car? It would be nice to see what you are working on ;)
www.mbvv.org
My \"new\" 1970 Ghia

Offline lonebker

Re: newbie here from sc
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
wont let me post says pics to big and that i have already posted this message

matt