Author Topic: Back again  (Read 1926 times)

Offline vicali

• looking for a 66 beetle
Back again
« on: October 08, 2014, 11:26:28 AM »
It’s been awhile since I’ve stepped foot in a vw forum, I spent a few years with the Airriders in Edmonton while we lived there 10 years ago, then moved back to BC and got our westy in 2006..

After a lot of glorious trips back and forth across BC in the westy we decided to start a family and do the grown-up thing for awhile. Once our son was born and our westy went up on the thesamba and a really nice couple from Seattle came up and drove her home.

Now our little family is growing up and I’m finding I have some more time and space available for a project..  I’ve been close a few times to having a vintage vw – there was a type3 and a ghia in alberta that almost followed me home, Todds' 61 Beetle was close too. I’ve got room in the garage now so I’m starting to keep my eyes out for something.

Looking for a daily driver standard beetle, 64-72, prefer a sweet 66. I’ll hang around and keep you guys posted when I find one..

mike
-mike

Offline vicali

Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »
A little spot on Kootenay Lake;
-mike

Offline vicali

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »
some friends rides;

and my helper in the garage

-mike

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 01:17:29 PM »
Welcome back home , there's always room for another veeduber and his passions of the obsession :)
Good luck in your search for a 66 , I will keep my eyes open , I do know of a 67 that might be available ?

Have an awesome day :)
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

Offline vicali

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 02:19:09 PM »
Thanks,

you know, there's a nice 67 here in town right now.. but I've decided if I'm doing this I'm doing it right.. I'm going to stick with my 64-66 - these are the years I've always liked and I think I'm going to hold out for one.

I might have to brush up on how to bring one up from the states.. although a few years ago there was a gorgeous Canadian Standard floating around for sale in BC... drool..
-mike

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »
Ahhh so many veedubs to choose from , so 65-66 project car ? Hmmm let's see if my buddy is going to se his 66 since he just got his dream bug :)
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

Offline vicali

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
actually put me down for a 66,
I've always liked the 1300 emblem on the lid..
-mike