Author Topic: jay5 74 STDBEETLE  (Read 1708 times)

Offline jay5

• AirSpeed Forum Member
jay5 74 STDBEETLE
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
aye airspeed got told about this sight from a fellow VW person. been in the auto world from abit messed around with toyota trucks,jeeps and now vw.

used to own this but sold it.

i inherited this STD. 74 beetle. long story short my cousin passed away with cancer and was a huge gear monkey. they sold there house and everything had to go. so i got this givin to me. and its awesome !

plans are just a summer time cruiser at the moment. then paint and interior etc.
so far got a new harness, stock wheels widened, high back seats. just gonna slam it and enjoy it. anyways time for pics, because everyone loves pictures.

picking it up

wheels

currently looking for: narrowed Balljoint beam, steering wheel
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:16:31 PM by jay5 »

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
Re: jay5 74 STDBEETLE
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
Welcome and sorry to hear about your cousin . Glad to see that you are going to continue with his Veedub , there's a ton of great guys with years of experience and knowledge here !!! It's a good thing , Enjoy :)
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:18:46 PM »
hey jay, welcome to the asf!! sorry to hear about your cousin, the 74 standard looks good and has great potential...good for you for following through and getting it rolling!

post an add in the classifieds on this site for all your buying & selling needs and keep us updated on progress with posts & pics. we'll see you cruising this summer!!  :cool:

Offline jay5

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 10:19:11 AM »
on road and smiles every time !

Stephan Schmidt

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »
Saw you on main and marine in my 68! Looking great!