Author Topic: Just Wanted To Say Hi  (Read 1659 times)

Offline billybob57

Just Wanted To Say Hi
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:46:21 AM »
Just wanted to say Hi to the all the Vw Lovers out there. :rockon:
A little bit about myself: Ive owned a Vw for 20 years now my first one was purchased in Naramata in 1986 for $700.00 which is a good deal nowadays. He had a bad accident back in 88 if you were around back then you might remember him he was painted Panther Pink and stood out like a sore thumb, He was a great car! :(
Since then I have had a 1961, 1960, 1965 Sunroof,1957 Ragtop(someone turned into a Baja)1967 Splity and now have owned my current Beetle for 16 years. His name is OLA the oval and is always in need of some kind of upgrade. Just adding a rear swaybar to his array of add ons.

Any one knowing of a 1956 to 1961 Vw pickup Forsale I am interested in a project, have been looking for a while but not wanting to spend a fortune for one that needs tonnes of work.

I thought I would finally register and get on the wagon before a good part came up for sale or something and I could not get to it, or I wanted to sell something.
Well thats about it hope to be talkin to you all soon. :blink:  

Offline piercedvw

• aka Karmann Ghia
Just Wanted To Say Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:51:38 AM »
Just wanted to say Hi to the all the Vw Lovers out there. :rockon:
A little bit about myself: Ive owned a Vw for 20 years now my first one was purchased in Naramata in 1986 for $700.00 which is a good deal nowadays. He had a bad accident back in 88 if you were around back then you might remember him he was painted Panther Pink and stood out like a sore thumb, He was a great car! :(
Since then I have had a 1961, 1960, 1965 Sunroof,1957 Ragtop(someone turned into a Baja)1967 Splity and now have owned my current Beetle for 16 years. His name is OLA the oval and is always in need of some kind of upgrade. Just adding a rear swaybar to his array of add ons.

Any one knowing of a 1956 to 1961 Vw pickup Forsale I am interested in a project, have been looking for a while but not wanting to spend a fortune for one that needs tonnes of work.

I thought I would finally register and get on the wagon before a good part came up for sale or something and I could not get to it, or I wanted to sell something.
Well thats about it hope to be talkin to you all soon. :blink:

Good luck on this.. not sure what you mean by wanting to spend little money on one, but it's going to be tough just to find one... not to mention the price.
The double cabs ( and some of the single cabs ) have jumped hugely in popularity the last couple years.

I know of a nice 68 bay that's in great shape.. another that needs work...

BTW.. Welcome.  ;)  
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 07:52:06 AM by piercedvw »

Offline billybob57

Just Wanted To Say Hi
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:05:39 AM »

When I say want to spend a little money I mean 1k to 2k as a project. My friend bought one in Surrey 1 1/2 ago for $500.00 a 61 sc and I almost bought one for 1k 3years ago a 59 sc but regretfully fell through my fingertips. So if anybody knows of one PLEASE let me know Thanks. :rockon:  

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Just Wanted To Say Hi
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 06:41:48 PM »
welcome to the asf, billybob.

you should post up some pics of your oval.

Offline billybob57

Just Wanted To Say Hi
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »
Well this was my Pink 1970 Beetle from 1987. :(  It had a bad experience at Sprott and Kensinton one dark evening.

And this is my 1957 Oval with Charlie he looks a little older now that he is 12 and my car is 50. I should probably take some better pictures as this is about 3 yrs old.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:02:05 PM by billybob57 »

Offline splitworld

Just Wanted To Say Hi
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:49:48 AM »
Ouch Thats Narrrrly.... I smucked mine last year, not that bad but pretty bad.  Ill post a pick.  Write off? Junked?  Those Vw's dont stand up very well in crashes thats for sure they just crunch.  Speaking of busses, Does anyone know of any project buses around? pre 67?  id love to get my hands on on for next summer.  weres the best place to look craigs list is dry...
71 SQUARE

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Just Wanted To Say Hi
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
Those Vw's dont stand up very well in crashes thats for sure they just crunch.
imho, these old steel cars hold there own against alot of the plastic crap out there today.

Offline billybob57

Just Wanted To Say Hi
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 09:30:08 PM »
Yeah You should have seen the other guy, KNOCKED him right over on to his side(4 people in the Jeep Wrangler)and my bug did a 180 in its spot when I woke up about 10 seconds later looked around to see what I had hit and I had to look way down the road as he went on his side and skided 200 ft from where I was(ouch)! :o
Tough car. Maybe it was the Pink.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:30:46 PM by billybob57 »