Author Topic: Another What's It Worth Question?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Another What's It Worth Question?
« on: July 27, 2005, 08:53:31 AM »
I've found a 1970 beetle convertible tucked away out in Coquitlam. Always in BC, same owner the past 20 years. Started two years ago, supposedly a rebuilt motor five years before that. Sitting at least 5 years. Looks pretty solid, but the seats are super soft, rot inside I guess, the roof not opened in 5 years... afraid to try it fearing it will crack somewhere. The infamous Semi-auto tranny... sat covered outside on a concrete slab the last five years, with some rust but really not too bad. The owner's not sure of what it's worth and wants an offer? The last ones I've seen on ebay in running condition sold for $2500-$6500, the ones that haven't sold got to $4to $5k bidding and didn't sell. Hard to judge a real cost on the samba as prices are often not real! I'm guessing for a local car, $2500 to $3500 considering the engine would have to come out and at least reseal everything. THe seats and roof are another situation, and no idea what the front end and tranny are like. Thoughts.... please discuss...
Brian  
brian waz

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
Another What's It Worth Question?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 09:52:11 PM »
As long as the body is solid and Roof is still up I would say it is definitly worth the 2500 to 3000 range, Only if the interior is in fair shape and The body is in good shape! Always rot on the convertable supports.
If you can get away with redoing the seats and worst case the roof a 70 convert can sell in the 7 to 10 range here easy.  There always is a group of people who will buy the vert just for weekend fun and if it is clean and original! My two cents anyhow!
Cheers

1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)