Author Topic: opinions needed, which is the real L82 Silberweiss? pics to illustrate  (Read 2059 times)

Offline el_flechador

i have had my roof painted and its supposed to be silber weiss L82, to me it looks the wrong colour, my wheels and bumpers are already done and i really trust the person and the work of the later, who did the wheels and bumpers,, just i was unable to use him this time. the painter of the roof is new to me and swears blind it was L82 ppg which he got through Lordco. its been a week now and it truly bugs me so i'm going back to see him to sort this out however i thought i would hit up the forum to get a second/third opinion just in case, i feel i will be as forthright as ineed to be to get this fixed correctly. I also have gone and got a spray bomb mixed up and to me looks to be the same as the wheels / bumpers. i know that light or reflections can change the colour and that it is next to a beigey building but i feel the differences in the pictures are a good approximation of how it appears to the eye
 so which is the real silber weiss? roof or wheels.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375914
i couldnt shrink the pics please follow the link

thanks in advance

Dott
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:20:01 PM by el_flechador »

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Re: opinions needed, which is the real L82 Silberweiss? pics to illustrate
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:45:29 PM »
Had the same problem with PPG's L380 too. Didn't look right.
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Bubba

Re: opinions needed, which is the real L82 Silberweiss? pics to illustrate
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »
Your bumpers look more correct.  The roof is waaaayy too gray.

Just my 0.02
64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.