Author Topic: West Coast Showdown 3  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
West Coast Showdown 3
« on: June 25, 2006, 08:17:12 PM »
I just want to thank everyone who helped, everyone who showed thier car and to Amanda and Courteney for all the help at the booth today, I also want to thank Amanda for helping  with the Bar B Q.. You are one amazing woman to put up with me and my crazy hobby....

I also want to thank the US crew, you guys are the shit!!!! The DVKK for getting there early to help set up, you guys are in a class of your own.
I also want to thank the DGLVK for coming together and making this show a success...

This year was the by far the biggest show with just over 80 cars ( 30 more than last year) I am sure next year the DGLVK will pt on an even beter show....
We raised alot of money for teh Cruise for the cure and also the Surrey Firefighters.....

See you all at the GCVW's

Shane
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Chris

• Car.
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 08:48:41 PM »
I second all of that!

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 09:13:10 PM »

To all who contributed and promoted the show. Thanks.

You did a great job and the weather was awesome.

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:32:26 PM »
Great job guys, you put on a hell of a show...  

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:10 PM »
great show guy's , and great trophy's !!!

"only dead fish swim with the stream"

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 10:04:38 PM »
Awesome show guys, it get's better every year. Huge thanks to all !!!
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline rustybus

West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 10:31:44 PM »
You guys put on a good show.  Thanks for everything.  James I still owe you the extra large double double.  Funny thing about the 50/50 draw my son went down to buy tickets for the bike and came back with 50/50 tickets not knowing that he bought the wrong ones.  and yes I did tell my wife that I won.

Chris
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 10:33:07 PM by rustybus »

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 11:40:46 PM »
thanks to the constants for hosting the bbq...it was perfect.

and to the dglvk and all the sponsers, clubs and other people that helped out with the wcsd3...hats off to you all. it was a perfect weekend. thank you all for taking the time out of your busy lives to put together a weekend as great as this.

cheers to you all. B)  

Offline Dan

• Crown Royal straight up....Thanks
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 03:45:43 AM »
GREAT job people!!!
We are Bigfun

CHEECH

West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 06:41:12 AM »
:rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

FUN TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAPPY ENDINGS..... Good job Guy`s

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 08:15:30 AM »
Excellent Show, keeps getting better and better, thanks for all the work to put it together!
B
brian waz

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 09:18:49 AM »
Wow what a weekend of events. Thank you to everyone who made this show the best ever. The Java  was a great way to kick off friday night, Silas did a hell of a job on the Cruise (and we all stayed together!), The amazing BBQ. Thanks Amanda,Shane and all the DGLVK.
 Sunday was great, you guys did a hell of a job!

:rockon:  

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 03:30:35 PM »
Shane, we should be thanking you guys. And of course all the club members and your wives and girlfriends. You guys did a hell of a job so Thank You Shane!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 03:34:58 PM »
Shane, we should be thanking you guys. And of course all the club members and your wives and girlfriends. You guys did a hell of a job so Thank You Shane!
On that note Brian,
I just want to say that I have stepped down as a DGLVK Member. Please dont post any "Why's" It is something I have decided to do, Thes guys are going to have a Kick ass club and the show is going to be bigger than ever next year... I just want to thank them for 3 great years and I am always here to help..
Thank you everyone once again... If it was not for teh people showing cars there would be no show... Nice Rides everyone :rockon:

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Franklin's VW Werks

West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 07:51:52 PM »
On that note Brian,
I just want to say that I have stepped down as a DGLVK Member. Please dont post any "Why's" It is something I have decided to do, Thes guys are going to have a Kick ass club and the show is going to be bigger than ever next year... I just want to thank them for 3 great years and I am always here to help..
Thank you everyone once again... If it was not for teh people showing cars there would be no show... Nice Rides everyone :rockon:
 :blink:  :huh:  

Offline Franklin's VW Werks

West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 07:53:53 PM »
Well, we made it across the border and yet again, had a wonderful time. You guys are the greatest thanks a bunch for putting on a great show.

We also want to say thanks to Scottie for helping us out through out the day, thanks to Annie for the use of the jack, thanks to Que for getting it, thanks to John and Jen for their wonderful hospitality when we got there last night the food was great, and last but not least a big huge thank you to Henry (theburg) for sticking around while we had to go through customs on the way home. We ended up getting searched coming home and he pulled over and came inside and sat with us while we had to wait for them to go through the truck and trailer, and as it turns out they ended up confiscating the bus. The rear quarter panels that have the hemp sacks on with the "mary jane" stuff were the kicker. I guess they thought we were drug dealer and they wanted to tear it apart and search it for drugs.  

In the end we had a wonderful time, the bus came in second for custom type II early (thanks everyone). The biggest surprise of the day for Franklin was when he saw the t-shirts with the picture of the black bug on the back. He wants to give a special thanks to all you guys in the club for using that and to Mario for taking the picture.

Oh yeah, we were just kidding about the bus, it did come home with us, but we did get searched by customs coming home  

Offline Lanny

West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »
Great show, great weather. Nice to see many out of towners.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 11:08:04 PM »
getting my family all out for something was fantastic !!!
 so from the martin family to EVERYONE ENVOLVED, thank you all !!!!
-sherri's mom could not believe she was the oldest one out for the day.
-ashley was  completely thrilled on her win at the valve cover race track with the 'barbie racer',which is now in her room with her trophie.and yes the water park is big in her books as well.

i just got to try to cover my poor white body better with sunscreen next year,man you think i would learn by now :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:09:21 PM by jim martin »

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Matt

West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 07:38:26 PM »
On that note Brian,
WHAT?!?!?

WHY?!?!?!?

I was just gonna put in my application for membership too :(  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:31:56 PM »
On that note Brian,
WHAT?!?!?

WHY?!?!?!?

I was just gonna put in my application for membership too :(
fucker :P  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline flat4

West Coast Showdown 3
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 11:55:09 AM »
Nobody likes a quitter...

Thanks for all the good times, Shane.  You're top notch.

I owe you and your family huge next time you are on the East side of the mountains for all of your hospitality over the past few years.
Water is for ducks
Reservoir Dubs/Der Kleiner Rennwagens
1970 No Skool Looker Beetle 13.040@101.25 MPH
1969 Retro 80's Beetle Drag Machine 12.841@104.61 MPH
1975 Super Phat Chick
Sand Rail Project