Author Topic: Very Hungry Lifters!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline AlanU

• http://members.shaw.ca/acvw/index.htm
Very Hungry Lifters!
« on: July 24, 2003, 04:39:29 PM »
Hows this for a weak stomach and 20 minutes of cam/lifter breakin (torture). As I've said before use the Camshaft manufacturers  recommended lifters. 3 camshafts later  (2 web 86C cams, 1 CB/Eagle cam)  2 sets of lightened German reground lifters, 1 set of pat downs reground scat lifters,,  1 Shadek oil pump and due to the crud in the oil (chunks of lifters etc) my lifter bores worn severely I had the sleeves rebushed with brass/silicon sleeves. Oh the love of ACVW's.

Yes my 65 / 2332 is back on the road!!!

Check out the lifter on the far right. The head of the lifter is non existant.  :blink:
Those are OE german VW lightened lifters (2nd set of lifters and 86C - ES12 camblank)  
Oops correction ]]] they were....

After all this crap happened and when I was down  I opened up my float bowls, added weber 3mm ball/seats and put Art Thraens CNC vents in. Yes gas mileage sucks.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 11:50:44 AM by AlanU »

Stephan Schmidt

Very Hungry Lifters!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 11:13:37 PM »
Alan, my name is stephan.  I'm know a couple of the DVKK guys.  I just want to say that you have a nice ride and I admire you for having the patience to get up and fix your car right away.  many of us just wait it out.  

Good luck with the new cam and lifters!  I'm talked to Art tharen at a DKP drive-in and he is very knowledgeable and knows what IDA's need.  Good choice with the ball seats. I was going to go that route with my IDA's, but sold the motor complete.

anyways...I can't wait to see your car run at mission!  :rockon:

later, stephan

Offline AlanU

• http://members.shaw.ca/acvw/index.htm
Very Hungry Lifters!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 01:31:33 AM »
Hey Stephan,

Thanks for your compliments.  This year has been an unbelievable test of patience.  My many experiences of being absolutely sick to my stomach has made me think twice about owning an ACVW.   I was so fricken determined to put her back on the road this year. I worked so hard to get my car together this year from engine, tranny, fuel system and tonnes of other  details . After all that work I was not going to give in to muphy's law.  

Well she's finally back together.  All the headaches are now in the past (for now anyways) and just taking the car for a hard boot makes it all worth while. what an unreal summer good and bad.