Author Topic: Distributor  (Read 1430 times)

Offline love loaf

Distributor
« on: March 23, 2004, 11:57:12 PM »
so i am rebiulding a 1600 to replace the crap 2.0L thats in it now... but i think i need a new distributor. can i just steel te one off of the  2l?? i heard somwhere there the same and i just wanna check..... also i think im gonna buy a new carb. so what is a decent cheep one to get.. i am on a buget with this...also can a swap over the coil and wires???

my last question is... since im taking the 2 L out i figured i would take teh opertunity to build it into a new engine. is it posible to mak it a decent engine.. can i put a stroker cank in it.. and what is a stroker crank.

well thanks for your help

ps...  where is the best place to guy parts.. i have a place called vm autohouse or sumthing neer me but there prices are usualy a littel hi.. i always hear about bow wow  how are they fro price can they match cal imports??
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 12:01:47 AM by love loaf »

Offline Bruce

Distributor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 12:24:57 AM »

ps...  where is the best place to guy parts.. i have a place called vm autohouse or sumthing neer me but there prices are usualy a littel hi.. i always hear about bow wow  how are they fro price can they match cal imports??
Uhhh, how about our host?  Have you tried buying from Airspeed Parts?

Offline Chris

• Car.
Distributor
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 07:40:09 AM »
Airspeed rules, there is no other place to buy parts. Right? Thats what you guys all told me.  :blink:  :rockon:  

Offline James Buchan

Distributor
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 08:09:19 AM »
Yup buy as much as possible from airspeed - it's companies like them that keep our hobby alive.

As far as stroker etc - you are talking about a type 4 2.0L right? If that's the case the best person to talk to here would be Billyisgr8 (Kevin) he has built them before.