Author Topic: Heat !  (Read 1483 times)

Offline AlwaysL8

Heat !
« on: May 15, 2004, 11:18:32 PM »
Hello peoples. :blush:

....ummmm..I'm new to this group, and as well a new VW owner...I have  (I believe) a 1600 a/c on a 1968 VW chass. On top of all this VW is a kit of a 53-MG. She looks sweet...runs o.k.....but when I throw on the heater I get a whistling sound coming through the pipes....almost like the sound you get from  blowing down-wards into a bottle....(a little higher pitched)...and it can change in tone or volume, depending on speed.    ( I have a system that mounts on the back of the air-blower housing, and takes heat from the engine, sending it forward)

.......don't know if this is a common problem...hoping it is *s* I wounder if it's a leak in the lines where the heat is held/passed through....then again...still haven't really spent to much time with her yet....maybe the sounds being transmitted only from the engine...maybe the blower-fan ?.....

still -green

AlwaysL8

Matt

Heat !
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 08:15:59 AM »
First off, welcome!
Second, I have never had this problem with a stock heater box system I would lean towards the problem being the fan. IMO.

Matt