Author Topic: Fs  (Read 5240 times)

Offline hellgti

• http://
Fs
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 12:52:02 PM »

You can thank the Samba for all those prices.... :angry:
wow.  i remember when I said the exact same thing a few years ago on this site.  i beleive your respose was "theres an ass for every seat"  and much flaming about how dare anyone talk about the almighty Samba like that.
There still is an ass for everyseat Dan....  ;)  OK here you go bud....

YOU WERE RIGHT :wub:
just keeping you honest!!  :D  

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Fs
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 01:26:17 PM »
The previous owner of this bus got in way over his head, many years ago. The shop he had working on it logged something like $20,000 worth of labour into this bus even before painting the outside and the PO couldn't afford to pay the bill. The bus is an original 23 as I remember the very complete deluxe interior that came with it when Ross picked it up. If anyone is truly interested in knowing because of a genuine interest in the bus I'm sure Ross would confirm it with the #'s. Anyone ever seen firsthand the kind of restoration work Ross does? All hardware is cad plated Everything on this bus is new or well restored wich puts it into the ballpark of the very nicely restored busses on the Samba. This bus is detailed inside, outside and underneath. We know Ross personally, and we think he is a great guy. We have known this bus since Ross picked it up back in the 90's and have watched it being built up over the years. We couldn't afford it either, but acknowledge this is a very nicely detailed bus, and unfortunately appropriatley priced.
The Samba isn't really responsible for these high prices. Everett Barnes Has created an amazing platform for people to network parts, cars, and information. The internet in general, but the expansion of all media, has enabled a much bigger and intense sellers market as demand is greater with the increased buying audience (especially the buyers overseas where the dollar is much stronger). Cars in general accross the board are now seeing unprecedented increases because of the unique buying community created by the internet and media. Our world is rapidly changing folks. My advice is embrace it (might as well..it aint changin), and if you can, use it to your advantage. With the cost of living so high we personally couldn't afford this hobby if it wasn't profitable in some way. Just our 10 cents. B)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 02:38:51 PM by vwboop »

Offline Chris

• Car.
Fs
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 01:27:59 PM »
so that means im asking a reasonable price than at $32000, cool!

good luck to all with selling there stuff!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Fs
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 01:45:13 PM »

You can thank the Samba for all those prices.... :angry:
wow.  i remember when I said the exact same thing a few years ago on this site.  i beleive your respose was "theres an ass for every seat"  and much flaming about how dare anyone talk about the almighty Samba like that.
There still is an ass for everyseat Dan....  ;)  OK here you go bud....

YOU WERE RIGHT :wub:
just keeping you honest!!  :D
You know I love you and your skin tight pants :wub:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Fs
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 01:47:47 PM »
Economics 101. "supply vs. demand". A couple more 70 Westys than 58 Samba's. But if you had your 70 Westy restored there is huge demand for early campers in the UK and Japan, and I'll bet you could get big dollars for your bus. It is sad to see so many nice VW's going overseas, but there's a reason why the Samba is being converged upon by people from the UK. Their money is so much stronger (so they can afford these higher prices), and they have a huge demand for early busses and no supply (theirs are all rotten...more so than ours).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 02:39:57 PM by vwboop »

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
Fs
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 02:46:50 PM »
If a Lime green dodge can crest one million a bus can be 45 thou!

PS:My 59 single cab is avail for 31,999

needs work!
1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline hi-top

Fs
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 03:10:15 PM »
That sound was John Muir rolling in his grave...
straight ghetto, don't believe, look at the cars on my front lawn

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Fs
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »
i always get a good laugh when folks blame thesamba.com for the inflated prices of acvw's.

i can think of a few guys on this site that have as much money or more invested in their type 1's. do we bust their balls and call them out because of it? they own beautifull cars, but did they pay that much for them because of thesamba.com?

no.

they pay for what they want and they pay for what they get.

if dude wants to advertise his 23 window '58 deluxe for $45g's, so be it. if someone wants to pay that kind of money for it, so be it. if you want to spend that kind of money on your acvw, that's your choice. you earned the green, so you get to spend it.

jason and vwboop said it best. changing economy & supply and demand.  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Fs
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 07:23:48 PM »
Silas ,

Guys may have a ton of money into thier type 1's
But who is  selling thier type 1 for $45 grand on here???

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Fs
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 07:44:40 PM »
Silas ,

Guys may have a ton of money into thier type 1's
But who is  selling thier type 1 for $45 grand on here???
i never said that anyone on here was selling their type 1 for $45g's.

i said that there are guys who have as much or more invested in their type 1. and it sounds like this guy has close to that much invested in his 58 deluxe.

anyone who invests that amount of money in something would definately want that money and hopefully more back.

also, anyone that wants to invest in, or sell, their vehicle for that money, well, that's their business.

Russ

Fs
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2005, 10:10:38 PM »
apparently the guy that owns this car has been offered 68k by Jesse james
nice car though

Offline steiner

Fs
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2005, 10:14:32 PM »
I love that car. I'd sell an arm for that.  
1964 21 bus

Offline rustybus

Fs
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2005, 08:38:56 AM »
apparently the guy that owns this car has been offered 68k by Jesse james
nice car though

Anybody Know what paint code this is??????????

Offline 58binz

Fs
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2005, 09:40:12 AM »
Amazing how much attention my ad generated. anybody who wants to see how little bondo is in the bus came come by and see it on the hoist. I restore vehicles for a living so come tell me to my face how I restore cars. I just paid $4500 Us for a banged up Binz. is my original 58 with new nose, floors, belly pans, and interior worth $45,000 CDN/?only time will tell. Most of you obviously have not restore a 23 window bus or you would know how much time and money is involved.  I want to meet those tyhat call my work bondo and then I'll put a magnet to their pride and joy.

58binz
58 single
58 panel
58 deluxe
58 dd panel

Offline Typ 3

Fs
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2005, 09:58:15 AM »
Don't you guys think its a little unfair to be crapping all over this guys thread. If you can't afford 45,000 then this car isn't for you, simple. Just because you can't afford this doesn't mean that you can start jumping all over it.

As far as the false stuff about the bondo and the grafting, I know this bus and I know it has almost no bondo and is an original 23 Window, not some graft job. Ross has restored Datsun Roadsters for years to a very high calibre of restoration and Split Buses, especially 58s are his personal passion. Much like his Roadsters, all body work done on this car is done at the metal, almost no bondo goes into his cars.

If you guys are interested give him a call, I'm sure he'd love to show you the bus and chew the fat, and you can judge for yourself the quality of his restorations. Not all of his cars get a price this high, but a vehicle with this much passion and work put into, plus a market that seems willing to bear higher prices for 23 Windows, allow him to put it up for this much. Let the market determine its value, not a bunch of whiney ass poor forum readers who are quick to jump all over anything that changes their VW status quo.

Times are changing, VWs aren't worthless shite-boxes anymore.

Brandon
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 10:55:10 AM by Typ 3 »

Offline rustybus

Fs
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2005, 04:26:12 PM »
I think only two people had a bondo statement  me and billyisgreat he was curious if this was the hack up bondo wagon that he new of. We can assume now that it is not.  As for me I said a mint one is worth that, one carved out of bondo is not. I did not say yours was or wasn't .  I've bin restoring cars for over 20 years bring over your magnet. But don't forget magnets don't stick to lead either :P .  No one crapped on this tread but these what it worth debates always get out of hand :lol:  

Offline hellgti

Fs
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 08:36:42 AM »
VWs are worthless shite-boxes

Brandon
couldn't have said it better myself

:lol:  

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
Fs
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2005, 10:02:50 AM »
Rustybus - I asked him directly and he said it was a custom color.  

Offline rustybus

Fs
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2005, 10:06:41 AM »
Thanks for the info nivag