Author Topic: Fs  (Read 5244 times)

Offline 58binz

Fs
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:50:52 PM »
need to sell restored 23 window deluxe bus with mohair headliner and  3 reupholstered original seats. rebuilt 36 hp, rebuilt transaxle. new tires, paint, brakes, suspension, steering. Need money to restore 1958 binz. Bus in langley. red and white, pressed bumpers with deluxe trim front and rear.
call or email for pics and more info. 604-538-5615

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 03:37:23 PM by jason_hamilton »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Fs
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 03:42:50 PM »
Ok I will Bite,
 How much?

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Stephan Schmidt

Fs
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 04:10:05 PM »
This bus is beautiful!

Stephan

Billyisgr8

Fs
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »
Looks like the guy on 192 st and 32nd.

how much bondo was used to cover up the rust this time?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 05:12:18 PM by Billyisgr8 »

Offline busnerd

Fs
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 05:41:53 PM »

Offline steiner

Fs
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 06:54:25 PM »
Nice bus. But 45,000.Wow.I think people really are getting greedy.I watch the samba all the time.I notice that the people that are trying to sell these cars on there for insane amounts seem to have trouble selling them. I wonder why. Maybe because it is a volkswagen!
It's not  a 50 merc or a 29 ford. No it's a vw. I know that they are getting harder to find but c'mon people. The funny thing is that I see 50,000 dollar vws on the samba for 3 or 4 months then ebay, then buysell magazines. I guess if you are in no hurry to sell keep the price high.

Not trying to rag on this guy. I just know that none of us can afford this bus.So why not .There's my two bits.
Aaron
1964 21 bus

Offline Mike Scott

Fs
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 07:27:37 PM »
For 45 Large, I except to get an antenna

Offline Chris

• Car.
Fs
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 07:42:03 PM »
for those interested I am now upping the price on my 70 westy that does not run and needs some cleaning and minor bodywork but includes a new antenna for $32,000 FIRM.

Offline hi-top

• http://
Fs
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 07:59:51 PM »
Ever since that 66 campmobile went for $99 000. at berrets people are really freakin out! It's like buyin a house on the coast... stooooooopid! I realize now that split screens are a bigger game these days and maybe when I make more money (and sell a lung), I could have one. Not to say there isn't still deals out there, for sure but the 23 window dream is in the same garbage can as my dream of winning the PGA (I've never golfed or driven a split window bus).  :lol:  
straight ghetto, don't believe, look at the cars on my front lawn

Billyisgr8

Fs
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 08:05:14 PM »
One thing I deleted from my add was he is expensive.  I should have left it in.

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Fs
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 08:34:57 PM »
It works out to 38,000 USD. Find me a fully restored early bumper 23 window on the Samba for that or less than that. We may not like it but our Volkswagens (roughly only 4300 58 Samba's produced worldwide) are getting rare and very sought after even by mainstream collectors. It may seem greedy, but they are going for those kind of prices, so is it greedy if we ask them. About ten years ago Autoweek, and one other major publication rated the 23 window microbus one of the top ten vehicles to invest in (not one of the top ten Volkswagens....one of the top ten vehicles to invest in). I know it kind of sucks that unless we find one on a farm we'll probably never own one, but it's good that it can actually be profitable to restore one, as with a lot of cars you can't even get back the $$ you put into them.
We love Volkswagens :wub: , and we love the people that have come into our lives because of such a car :) . Please be good to each other. We are all in this together.

Offline steiner

Fs
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 08:44:41 PM »
I would restore it myself. One of the benefits of doing everything yourself is not having to be a millionare to drive an old vw
1964 21 bus

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Fs
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 08:51:25 PM »
On a side note , You talk to your Girlfriend yet... My daughter is getting excited about maybe owning a reasonably priced Vert....
What aboutr that Heb for $99,000.00

You can thank the Samba for all those prices.... :angry:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Hansk

Fs
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 08:54:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure I know some guys that have that much into thier Bugs.  Hell , there is a lot of guys that have more than that into thier motorcycles.  It's a different world out there.  :(  
Big fat black fastback

Offline btljuce

Fs
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 08:56:18 PM »

don't forget to thank barret-jackson as well, thanks to barret and the clone 69 z-28 that went for huge cash, every fruitcake with a 67 vinyl top bullet hole ridden camaro with a flintstone floor is worth big bucks !  sorry just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 08:58:29 PM by btljuce »

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
 56 rag oval now  2332 !!
 56 wolfsburg kombi

Offline steiner

Fs
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 09:04:09 PM »
The girlfriend said hold off until I have the 56 in my driveway. As far as the car being up for sale. I would like the car to be looked over when I am actually ready to sell it. Which will be in a week or so.  
1964 21 bus

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Fs
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 09:11:49 PM »
The girlfriend said hold off until I have the 56 in my driveway. As far as the car being up for sale. I would like the car to be looked over when I am actually ready to sell it. Which will be in a week or so.
Glad I could Hi-jack this thread and also.... You don't wanna make me cry do ya... :(  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline BreakinSouls

Fs
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 09:16:36 PM »
It nice to see that some people get paid for the hard work and time that they put into there rides, but the ones that over price there stuff like that...  make it hard for those that just want to drive an old car and keep it running. If we don't keep our hobbies in perspective things will end up like muscle cars and hotrods where the only ones that can afford it are the people that are over the hill ( no offense to anyone over 50 you guys just seem to be better that us young guys). When vehicles sell for that kind of money it bumps up the price of everything related to them. :unsure:

Just my opinion
Live Life And Fear Nothing.

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
Fs
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 09:41:45 PM »
Listen to you hens cluck-clucking away.
TheSamba classifieds is not to blame for the state of the market. Nor is any other online site. That's just what people would like to get for their cars. We know cars are worth what the market will bear. The woman who bought the Type 2 at Barrett-Jackson might have been off her rocker, but the sale went through. So in the truest sense of the word, that vehicle was worth that price, because someone actually paid it. We're living in a world where '57 Bel Airs can fetch $75,000 or more, and where crappy 50's east-Van bungalows go for half a mill. $45K for this Bus is outrageous only if the seller can't ever get that price, and who among us is sure that won't happen? It's a seller's market for earlier VW's and will be for the forseeable future.

True story: I had a guy e-mail me the other day asking if I knew where he could buy (and I'm quoting here) "a museum quality, totally correct 1958 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet. The most important element is that the car is in as completely original condition as is possible."

Now that's a tall order, but if he's actually able to find and buy one, and pays a premium for the quality car he's suggesting, he may single-handedly change the market value.

I believe all it would take for this Bus to sell at that asking price is for some rich broker's wife to decide that she really wants this funky old "Hippy Bus", and demands that hubby buys it for her. Let's face it, VWs are still a bargain compared to almost any other classic car. They're just now starting to catch up with the market, whether we like it (or can afford it) or not.

Jason Hamilton

Offline steiner

Fs
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 09:50:28 PM »
I'll make you cry like a little school girl
1964 21 bus

Offline steiner

Fs
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 09:54:23 PM »
This a pretty touchy subject by the sounds of it.
I need to go and find a 23 and restore it. I found one in surrey 2 years ago and it sold for 2000 bucks. Maybe it is time to find another
1964 21 bus

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Fs
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »
I think Jason has spent too much time in the Airspeed closet ;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline rustybus

Fs
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2005, 10:01:08 PM »
45.000 is a fair price if it is in absolute mint condition .Not for one carved out of bondo. But again that is my opinion. A car is worth what someone will pay. Have you seen what people are getting for 60's and70's mopar with a hemi or even factory b-block 383 or the 440

Billyisgr8

Fs
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 10:37:50 PM »
I have to also add that 2 1/2 years ago I saw a regular van getting the full on  treatment from a donor 23 window and once done it will be a 23 window ringer, ....  The guy bought the roof clip and panels  from Mikes autowrecking in Langley, could it be the same van???????  I hope this one forsale is the original.........  I for one don't think it is right to graft in other parts to sell as an original to unsuspecting buyers.
Only a few people know the story on this one.

Offline hellgti

Fs
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 09:25:40 AM »

wow.  i remember when I said the exact same thing a few years ago on this site.  i beleive your respose was "theres an ass for every seat"  and much flaming about how dare anyone talk about the almighty Samba like that.  

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Fs
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 11:28:54 AM »
I'm kinda with Dan on this one. Just last month we were talking about Kirins "what's it worth comments" As we all said. It is worth what someone will pay for it. If this gets that (IMHO) ridiculous price for his bus......good on him. If Shane got $30g for his DC we would all be saying atta boy. Can't change your argument half way through.....again IMHO
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
Fs
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 11:32:11 AM »
I can't believe how some of the older women on this site are so quick to spread rumors. I'll bet if it was their vehicle for sale they would be really bent out of shape if someone who had not performed an indepth inspection of it started slamming it or their work. Just because it's out of their league doesn't mean there might not be someone whose checkbook has the kahones and is really interested in something like this. Why do they need to poison someone else's deal? If you have to vent there's a place called "the lounge"  
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Fs
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 11:33:41 AM »

wow.  i remember when I said the exact same thing a few years ago on this site.  i beleive your respose was "theres an ass for every seat"  and much flaming about how dare anyone talk about the almighty Samba like that.
There still is an ass for everyseat Dan....  ;)  OK here you go bud....

YOU WERE RIGHT :wub:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Fs
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 11:36:41 AM »
I never said his price was too much or that his bus was shit...All I said was you can thank Samba nd the Internet for all vehicle prices...
It is the way of the world... ;)
And if anyone wants to step up and give me 30,000 for the DC It will be washed and waiting :P  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Fs
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 12:15:42 PM »
I have done work on this bus a long time ago and to me it was pretty clean. The owner Ross is a pretty decent guy too. To say the price is high is not fair without seeing it. There are people who pay big money for beetles (even on the airspeed site) and they are dime a dozen. Just my 2 cents.