Author Topic: Split Window Pickup - Dual Circuit Master Conversion  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Vancity

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Split Window Pickup - Dual Circuit Master Conversion
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
Ive been reading a lot and getting a little overwhelmed on the topic of converting a 65 single cab master cylinder to a dual circuit setup. The truck currently has a single circuit but with front disc brakes and it's leaking. I see no point in putting a new stock one back in as from what I gather that's wrong considering it has discs up front.

California Imports sells a CSP conversion kit which includes the reservoir and adaptor flange with longer bolts allowing a bolt in conversion using a 1973-79 bay window master but thats $180+ and doesn't include the master.

SoCal Sells a 67-79 master including the reservoir that looks to be the proper reservoir for floor access on the split windows

http://www.socalautoparts.com/product_info.php/industries-master-cylinder-dual-circuit-with-reservoir-disc-brake-conversions-p-15723
Can someone verify that this is correct

Buy the master and reservoir from SoCal, and then all I need is to make a 1/2" flange with longer mounting bolts? Maybe 2 short brake lines with a tee connection?

If this is correct it will be costing about $160 less going this route. That's if I fabricated the flange and bought the bolts