Author Topic: WTB rust bullet  (Read 927 times)

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
WTB rust bullet
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »
Anyone have any rust bullet kicking around that they are not using? About to order some. Figured I'd check locally first.

Offline Wide-5

Re: WTB rust bullet
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 08:22:11 AM »
Anyone have any rust bullet kicking around that they are not using? About to order some. Figured I'd check locally first.
<<<OOPS>>>>  some people dont speel so good I thought he wanted fenders Thanks Rob lol_hitting
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:07:51 PM by Wide-5 »

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
I've got some OG rust (not the cheap chinese stuff), I can spare a little for you buddy  lol_hitting

Now for a little hijack, anybody used this?

It claims to be the equivalent of POR-15 and Rust bullet, KMS stocks it and it's cheap compared to the big name stuff.
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline HeliMike

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
I've used that stuff religiously for years (about 13 years) since my "old days" of being a paint/body sales rep. We were the first ones to carry that stuff at the time it was introduced in Canada. I did a boat trailer and a flat-bed with it a few months back for a friend. Turned out great. It's very thick but still sprayable with the right gun and a lot of air pressure or an airless, and it lays down fairly well for an industrial coating. Also did a manx roll cage years ago and is still looks great, and quite a few VW undercarriages and pans as well. As for being as good as POR-15 I have no idea having never used it, but from what I hear that's a pretty bold statement because that stuff's supposed to be "bulletproof".

That Zero rust also comes in a low-sheen 1-part clearcoat as well for those of you wanting to "preserve" your patina look ;D

If you're gonna use it as an exterior colour in any colour other than black, you may want to put the clear over it as the sun will eventually bleach the pigment a bit. At least it does with the red, not sure about the others.

Jeez... I sound like a salesman or something  lol_hitting
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline vwguy

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »
Yes thank you Mike ,can you please sit down. Ok Shawn what  have you brought to show and tell,( Get  that out of my class ) Kevin and Chris any thing, He He  wtf

Offline 70's Looker

• More than a 70's Hooker!
  • what's this for?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
ive got an awsome set of bastard heads, that are a little nicer then a paperweight!  :P
Zündfolge Car Club

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »
I've got a complete set of partial middle seat grab bar ends, and a very nice face for an Oval speedo ;)

CHEECH

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
I have a 0Guage ring missing one ballbearing  lol_hitting