Specialty Forums > Off-Road Forum

Dune Buggy Seats

(1/3) > >>

pittwagen:
I have had my street legal rail for quite some time but unfortunately I always find myself working on other projects or driving something else.

The seating I have falls into the OK category.  I have added extra padding both in the base and backrest but I suspect if I start driving it any amount of time (say all day for a couple of days) I will want a seat upgrade with more support and comfort.  Here is what I have.

So my question to Airspeed Forum buggy owners is what are you running and what is the best out there.  Thanks for your help.

t096772:
new to this site, however, have been a VW owner for over 30 years...

My son and I are starting the planning of a street legal "buggy"...

THEN, I saw your vehicle.....!!!!

He wants a rail, however, I was under the impression that is was not an easy thing to register, however. yours looks like it is as simple as a Manx style buggy (in that you have a body and roll bar bolted to your pan)

Did you build it yourself?

is it the original Pan VIN?

Can you share anything else relevant.

Thanks!

Steve Sheprd
604-328-5927

pittwagen:
My buggy is constructed from a Bugpack Invader tube frame chassis.  There is no pan.  Bought the bare chassis and not much else from a local fellow.  I did the rest myself.  It has its own VIN issued by ICBC.  No BS with grafting on a VW VIN.  Everything was done properly with no corners cut. 

It was fully inspected by a designated inspection facility and passed the first time. 

- 1600sp with doghouse oil cooling,
- IRS rear suspension with 002 bus trans, chromoly axles, 100mm Thing cv's
- engine and trans skid plates
- stock 61 T1 king/link front suspension
- dual exhaust with spark arrestors
- vdo gauges, stock T1 wipers, super beetle gas tank
- 16ga. floor and 22ga. body, Detachable hood.

Here is another pic from the 2011 GCVWS.  That was a good day.

52 split:
did you find better seats,and are you selling the old ones?

pittwagen:
Found better seats but the fit was an issue.  Seats not for sale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version