Technical > Transmission Forum

Pressure Plate

<< < (3/3)

Geoff:
I think Mike may be right, Look at the cross shaft in the second pic... The arm on the right side of the pic shows it is on a angle as compared to the rib on the bell housing.
Without seeing it in person it looks like it may not move it in a straight path.

1969deluxebus:
i will try to take another pic and post it  so we can see it better. when you look at it it looks straight in person
Matt Street

Bruce:
It probably looks that way because the camera is not centered to the input shaft, and the arms on the cross shaft will not normally hang straight down.  The tips of the arms will usually be forward of the shaft of the cross shaft.

Check the distance from the ledge where the pressure plate bolts on, to the friction surface.  This should be 21.0mm.  If its within .5mm you are ok.

1969deluxebus:
well i did the job!! i put all teh new parts in i checked everything i was told and man i still don't know what went wrong. i now now how much fuel i have thou if any of you guys new bus parts i know of a guy in wa called busco i don't knwo if any of you heard of it but i recommend.very quaity service. So i just haev to adjust teh free play  :wacko:
Matt Street

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version