Author Topic: Stock Motor Challenge 2011...  (Read 10121 times)

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
Re: Stock Motor Challenge 2011...
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »
So I've been practicing today with my office staff.

So far they think I'll have the best luck with

- The sun was in my eyes.
- I didn't like that lane.
- This clutch kit Rob sold me must be faulty.
- Rob/Geoff/Silas/Insert-your-name-here's piece of junk oiled down the start line right before my run.
- Dude! Did you see that girl!?!

-Dave
--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »
So I've been practicing today with my office staff.

So far they think I'll have the best luck with

- The sun was in my eyes.
- I didn't like that lane.
- This clutch kit Rob sold me must be faulty.
- Rob/Geoff/Silas/Insert-your-name-here's piece of junk oiled down the start line right before my run.
- Dude! Did you see that girl!?!

-Dave

You forgot "there was a bee in the car" and "my helmet was falling off"
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline blarneyman

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
Had an absolute blast tonight! Thanks for organizing this Silas.  You_Rock_Emoticon
www.mbvv.org
My \"new\" 1970 Ghia

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
WOW!!! what a great night of SMC action!!

i would like to personally thank every participant for showing up & running hard!! 12 cars & 13 drivers. amazing!! You_Rock_Emoticon

PLEASE NOTE...if i didnt get some of your numbers...keep your time slip & come find me today at cip or bp (i know i didnt get dereks last run...anyone else?).

results are being tabulated & awards & prizes will be given out during the show on sunday!!

Offline number3

• Rob Frose
    • http://www.avrparts.com
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
Silas,

Excellent job once again in putting this together.  Had a great time and even made it home on it's own power.

Rob

Offline Jeremy

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »
 iagree
'59 Beetle
'59 Single Cab

Offline silas

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 10:28:47 PM »
***PLEASE NOTE***

SMC AWARDS AND PRIZES WILL BE HANDED OUT AT THE SHOW TOMORROW. PLEASE LISTEN FOR A MESSAGE OVER THE PA AND GATHER AROUND THE MAIN EVENT TENT FOR THE PRESENTATION!!!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »
 You_Rock_Emoticon
good to be the fastest slowest car... fricken loved it...
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline silas

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 11:29:31 AM »
THE SMC 2011 WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!!!

We had the best turnout in the history of the SMC with 13 cars and 14 drivers!! Every driver had a chance to make multiple passes and everyone had a great time!!!

After all the numbers were crunched the results were...

- 1st - Shane - BC - 1965 Bug - 1600dp

- 2nd - Derek - BC - 1967 Bug - 1600sp

- 3rd - Steve - WA - 1977 Bradley GT2 - 1600dp

- Spirit of the Stock Motor Challenge Award -

Carlos - BC - 1968 Bug - 1600dp

Honourable Mention...

- Vic - BC - 1964 Notchback - 1500S

- Dave - BC - 1971 Super Beetle - 1600dp

- Les - BC - 1962 Type 34 Razor Ghia - 1500sp

- Connor - BC - 1971 Super Beetle - 1600dp

- Steve - WA - 1969 Bug - 1500sp

- Justin - BC - Herbie - 1600dp

- Art - BC - 1974 Super Beetle - 1600dp

- Jeremy - BC - 1959 Bug - 1200sp

- Rob - BC - 1958 Karmann Ghia - 36hp

- Christine - BC - 1951 Bug - 25hp

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS FOR COMING OUT AND RACING IN THE SMC!!! YOU ARE THE TRUE HEROES OF THIS CLASS AND YOU ALL REALLY MAKE IT ALOT OF FUN!!!

ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS THE ZUNDFOLGE CAR CLUB, http://avrparts.com/ AND http://www.tagwhistler.com/ AND THE DVKK!!!

FULL RESULTS, TIMES AND PICTURES FROM THE SMC 2011 WILL BE POSTED IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS SO PLEASE STAY TUNED TO THE SMC SITE...

http://www.freewebs.com/stockmotorchallenge/

Thank you all,

Silas

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:09 AM »
Great Job Silas  You_Rock_Emoticon
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
Fantastic job Silas.

I think its about time I tell everyone what I was thinking about, as you and I were discussing the "spirit of the SMC" award. At the time we had two or three great candidates, and Carlos certainly deserved the win this year. But, I can't help but feel like we needed two awards for 2011. I think everyone would agree with me that you certainly deserve "The Spirit of the SMC" award for the way you pull the rest of us into your event. Four years ago when I started up in the Vancouver VW scene there were just three of you doing the SMC. Your enthusiasm has pulled another ten of us into the mix, which is pretty impressive. Now, I know you would never award yourself...so I'm just going to do it for you :D

For 2011 The Adventure Group (www.tagwhistler.com) is donating a second Spirit of the SMC Award, which is being awarded to you Silas. You and Lori are welcome to be our guest on any of our tours. I'll make sure to get you the gift certificates as soon as possible.

Thanks again for a fun evening, and your hard work!

-Dave
--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
Fantastic job Silas.

I think its about time I tell everyone what I was thinking about, as you and I were discussing the "spirit of the SMC" award. At the time we had two or three great candidates, and Carlos certainly deserved the win this year. But, I can't help but feel like we needed two awards for 2011. I think everyone would agree with me that you certainly deserve "The Spirit of the SMC" award for the way you pull the rest of us into your event. Four years ago when I started up in the Vancouver VW scene there were just three of you doing the SMC. Your enthusiasm has pulled another ten of us into the mix, which is pretty impressive. Now, I know you would never award yourself...so I'm just going to do it for you :D

For 2011 The Adventure Group (www.tagwhistler.com) is donating a second Spirit of the SMC Award, which is being awarded to you Silas. You and Lori are welcome to be our guest on any of our tours. I'll make sure to get you the gift certificates as soon as possible.

-Dave
iagree

"only dead fish swim with the stream"

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
X2  iagree
brian waz

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
X3!!!

Offline Chris E.

• I like you.
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »
Fantastic job Silas.

-Dave

Very cool of you Dave! PDT_Armataz_01_37

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
Same goes from all of us in the DVKK... The passion/extra effort Silas put's in every year helps to make the Great Canadian what it is... Thx buds!

Offline silas

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 07:29:20 PM »
wow!!! where to start...

thank you all very much for the kind words!! everyones support and encouragement are very much appreciated and i really mean it!! without the folks running their cars in the SMC and the folks cheering us all on...this wouldnt be much of a class. i'm so happy with the response that we got this year...i really hope it continues. i know i'm not going anywhere...so the SMC will continue as long as their are people that want to get their cars on the track and have some fun!!! :cool:

dave...your kindness and generosity is amazing. thank you so much for donating a g/c for lori & i. i never have any expectations of getting anything back from the SMC except to see a bunch of people out having fun on the 1/4. that is the best feeling ever!! but your gift is appreciated, and i know we'll have fun on a TAG whistler adventure...so thank you!!

also...the SMC couldnt happen without the beautifull people willing to get their stockers on the track!! thank you!! big thanks to the Zündfolge Car Club for all the help (especially jim & ashley for making those killer trophies)...http://avrparts.com/ for being a solid sponsor for 4+ years...http://www.tagwhistler.com/ for being a solid supporter for 2 years...and the DVKK for stepping up and generously donating a cash prize for this year!! BIG HUGS AND HIGH FIVES TO YOU ALL!!!

:wub: :cool: You_Rock_Emoticon

also...stay tuned for a full SMC 2011 recap...coming soon!!