Author Topic: Lowering Question  (Read 1719 times)

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

Lowering Question
« on: July 06, 2004, 09:01:15 PM »
hey i wanna lower the front of my 65, i want to buy a 2 1/2 inch narrowed beam, if i buy this will i be able to use the rest of what i have, spindles etc and slap em on the new beam, or do i have to buy new stuff???

any replies would be great

Offline James Buchan

Lowering Question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 09:15:59 PM »
A 2\" narrowed beam will work with stock tie-rods - a 3\" won't. They don't make a 2.5\" one unless it is custom made.

As far as everything else - spindles,shocks etc yes it will transfer over.

Or could you be talking about 2.5\" lowered spindles?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 09:16:20 PM by James Buchan »

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

Lowering Question
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 09:25:27 PM »
ahhh yeah i meant two inch, i was thinking about doing spindles earlier, but i think a beam would be better, ill have to pick one up, need to be low now!! haha, even tho i wont be driving for a month, thanx for the help james, sorry i didnt make it to the car show, i would have loved to go for a rip in your bug. I just figured i better just keep going on mine, i hope to start the motor on friday afternoon after werk, i just need to pick up some longated rocker arm studs. cant wait to hear her, well if it starts that is haha  :rockon:  

Offline James Buchan

Lowering Question
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 10:02:53 PM »
A benefit of dropped spindles is that your retain your suspension - whereas with a dropped beam you will get that bounce if you go to low.

On my car I run both dropped spindles and a lowered beam - the spindles give me 2.5 and a use another 1\" on the beam - runs nice and smooth.

Also keep in mind that the spindles will increase your tire track so some wheel/rim combo's may not work if you go to low.

In the winter when I go thru my car I will be shortening my beam 2\" because of this.