Author Topic: Front End Lowering - Bug  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Schvengy

Front End Lowering - Bug
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:12:21 PM »
I have a airspeed adjustable beam...would like to know if i need to buy the rest of the parts new or can i aquire some or all used parts to complete.

would like to do what ever is easier on the pocket book...new baby at home .

Willis

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Front End Lowering - Bug
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:58 PM »
did the airspeed adjustable beam come with the torsion springs in it pre-cut? did it come with new urethane bushings? did it come with grease nipples in it?

if not, you'll have to find out how many inches the beam is narrowed and cut your own springs & drill the dimples for the locating pins.

you'll also need to shorten and re-thread your tie rods.

if you currently have a stock beam in your car, you can salvage most of the parts from that.....tie rods, torsion springs (once you cut the rods & springs, you cant go back & use them in the stock beam tho), steering box, torsion arms, spindles, backing plates, brakes, etc.

for install...you will need to buy a set of caster shims (1 set should be ok, 2 if you go really low), bushings for the beam, i'd suggest new tie-rod ends, i'd also suggest re-measuring the torsion arm offset & re-setting your shims accordingly (the muir idiot book has a good how-to with a shim table in it), and you'll also have to adjust your toe.

i probably missed something so hopefully someone will chime in with some more info.

good luck, have fun, and congrats on the new baby!! B)

Offline Schvengy

Front End Lowering - Bug
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »
Thanks Silas