Author Topic: Hulk Dyno Results!  (Read 9022 times)

Billyisgr8

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 02:40:07 PM »

Are you for real?

Shaner will have his work cut out to beat the 10.13 @ 133 MPH  I layed down 15 years ago in my old 66 Beetle. :o

( Most of you wouldn't know that because you probably wern't even into VW's back then...)

I would guess about  300-325 Rear wheel H.P. at 15 Lbs boost,   And if he is adding Nitros on top of that...  Who.the hell knows......
ummmmm....If he is going to run 30 pounds he will be in the 9's.

Your # will be hard to beat, and could still stand, but  there maybe 3 cars this year that could depending how hard they want to push it.

Kevin

Offline Darren

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 03:20:08 PM »

Are you for real?

Shaner will have his work cut out to beat the 10.13 @ 133 MPH  I layed down 15 years ago in my old 66 Beetle. :o

( Most of you wouldn't know that because you probably wern't even into VW's back then...)

I would guess about  300-325 Rear wheel H.P. at 15 Lbs boost,   And if he is adding Nitros on top of that...  Who.the hell knows......

Your # will be hard to beat, and could still stand, but  there maybe 3 cars this year that could depending how hard they want to push it.

Kevin
You obviously have no idea what it takes to run a car in the 9's,  It's not all about boost and raw H.P.

Billyisgr8

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »
Yea... you either........That is why I said it will depend on how hard they want to push it.  Most guys will let off the gas when it gets squirly....very few will lay into it harder and steer out of it.  My guess is since these are high $$$ cars they will let off of it.  Mind over matter ($$$)

Kevin

Offline steiner

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 03:58:02 PM »
:lol:  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 04:00:29 PM by steiner »
1964 21 bus

Offline steiner

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2005, 03:58:33 PM »
I say 310 horse. I think most people are way off!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 03:59:33 PM by steiner »
1964 21 bus

Offline 67kafer

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2005, 04:31:07 PM »
399 at the wheels :mullet:  

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2005, 04:54:06 PM »
\"Yea... you either........That is why I said it will depend on how hard they want to push it. Most guys will let off the gas when it gets squirly....very few will lay into it harder and steer out of it. My guess is since these are high $$$ cars they will let off of it. Mind over matter ($$$)\"

Oh boy here we go!

Maybe this one should go to the Thug room,LOL!

Offline Trevor P

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 05:13:59 PM »
Darren, I never saw it go, but remember hearing about your old 66 from Todd. That was quite a while back... when I thought Empi 8 spokes, and a clear dist. cap were cool. :lol:  ;)  
'53 Barndoor single cab
'57 Cal-look oval 2332cc / Berg 5
'70 911T

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 05:47:30 PM »
It's all mute anyway.
Static horsepower is one thing. What counts is the numbers on the time slip. Everything else is just a dry hump.
Jason Hamilton

Offline Tom H.

• http://home.att.net/~drsowatt/index.html
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 05:47:31 PM »
well, before or after the trans takes a dump?

after--ZERO!

:rockon:  

Offline Chris

• Car.
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 06:19:14 PM »
It's all mute anyway.
Static horsepower is one thing. What counts is the numbers on the time slip. Everything else is just a dry hump.
do you mean moot.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 06:20:42 PM »
its a simple guess people, my information is that Shane is running pretty close to the same setup as before, so lets put a guess out, its only a hot wheel.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »

i dont think so. i'd have to agree with darren on this one. it isnt all boost and raw hp.

Your # will be hard to beat, and could still stand, but  there maybe 3 cars this year that could depending how hard they want to push it.

whose? turbo jims? yes, a low 10 seems within reach for his car. shane? we'll soon see. darren d's? seems like it could run the #'s but it sounds like darren d's car and darren k's old car are completely different set-ups. i dont know the specs on darren k's old car, but it sounds like the old apples to oranges routine.

10.13 is a mighty fine #. after 15 years of holding the title, it's obviously not that easy to beat.

Offline Darren

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2005, 07:03:36 PM »
Yea... you either........That is why I said it will depend on how hard they want to push it.  Most guys will let off the gas when it gets squirly....very few will lay into it harder and steer out of it.  My guess is since these are high $$$ cars they will let off of it.  Mind over matter ($$$)

Kevin
Excuse me?  Are you living under a rock or something?

I was probably running low 10's in a beetle and you were still sucking your thumb.

Perhaps you should take a look at who has built 90 %, no make that 98% of the engines and heads around here that go 12.99 or faster.

You have obviously never driven a fast VW before have you?  That is unless you think a Turbo single port Pile of swapmeet parts is fast...

Why don't you give us a list of the  fast cars and engines you have built and tell us how we should drive them?

As far a driving a fast rear engine beetle goes, it's like throwing a hammer in the air, the heavy end wants to come around, that's what happens in a beetle when the back get's light, and you have to stay into the gas pedal to some point or the ass end will swap, Knowing when to pedal it and when to let off the gas come with experience, There is a difference between balls and stupidity
So please tell us about all vast your experience in this area?
better yet bring that rocket ship of yours down here this summer and let's play!

Now i'm going out to the shop to finish up the Valve train on an 2332 EFI intercooled Turbo motor.

Fricken Moron.

Offline dannyboy

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2005, 07:12:10 PM »
Fricken Moron.
dont hold back, tell us how you really feel! :D  

Offline James Buchan

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2005, 07:14:52 PM »
Shane is running pretty close to the same setup as before

No he isn't.

Offline Darren

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2005, 07:19:30 PM »

dont hold back, tell us how you really feel! :D
If I did that I would probably be banned from the forums.

Dan, I heard you were under the weather, all O.K. ?

James, he still has the side draft on there, but that's probably about it hugh?

knowing Shaner it's now an 88 X 94 with some nutty heads, I have a feeling that re-gearing the tranny may be next...............

Offline Lanny

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 08:10:37 PM »
Darren D's new car has run 9.4's in the past. It doesn't count though...Can you say 'NHRA licence'? :D  We still have to figure out how to pack the chute...  :P  We must keep this in mind..K-Roc had close gears and a turbo'd 2275 20 years ago.. :o  

Billyisgr8

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 09:17:19 PM »
\"Fricken Moron\"   .....sheeesh,  you sound like my teen age daughter.........how old are you 14.....mid life crisis...?  I've been around race cars and engines since I was a kid.  I'll be looking forward to racing you once my  \"Turbo single port Pile of swapmeet parts\" is done.

My track time will talk sparky.  You don't have to have $6000.00 in engine parts to be fast.

This is obviously a touchy subject for you....The next generation of fast cars is coming, this year will be good.

Shane your car will kick.  The engine should last longer this time. ;)

Kevin  

Russ

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 09:41:20 PM »

Perhaps you should take a look at who has built 90 %, no make that 98% of the engines and heads around here that go 12.99 or faster.

i think this say's alot right here

Offline steiner

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2005, 10:14:04 PM »
This is good stuff! Darren you don't have to tell us that you built most of the engines around here. We all know that you build good engines.You must be having a bad day!Because you are actually putting effort into trying to argue with a guy that obviously doesn't know what the hell he is talking about . Hey Billy DREAM ON!Go back to your little fantasy land where single ports dominate the drags!
1964 21 bus

Matt

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2005, 10:21:05 PM »
All this Drama and I wasn't even invited to the dance.

Kevin, that interior air must be gettin to ya. Have you any idea just exactly who you are telling how to race? or what makes a fast car?? Perhaps you need to spout off on shoptalk forums, cause your shit aint flyin here.

Offline Mike Scott

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 10:21:35 PM »
Excuse me? Are you living under a rock or something?

I was probably running low 10's in a beetle and you were still sucking your thumb.

You have obviously never driven a fast VW before have you? That is unless you think a Turbo single port Pile of swapmeet parts is fast...

Why don't you give us a list of the fast cars and engines you have built and tell us how we should drive them?

As far a driving a fast rear engine beetle goes, it's like throwing a hammer in the air, the heavy end wants to come around, that's what happens in a beetle when the back get's light, and you have to stay into the gas pedal to some point or the ass end will swap, Knowing when to pedal it and when to let off the gas come with experience, There is a difference between balls and stupidity
So please tell us about all vast your experience in this area?
better yet bring that rocket ship of yours down here this summer and let's play!

Now i'm going out to the shop to finish up the Valve train on an 2332 EFI intercooled Turbo motor.

Fricken Moron.

That's a great Christmas attitude. It's funny, if someone else started mud slingin' all these regular's would be all over you. Raise your maturity level a little a realize not everyone in this world has the engine building and race experience you do.

Matt

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2005, 10:28:52 PM »
I'm thinkin all these regulars know just who makes sense and who doesn't. It ain't mudslingin if it makes sense.

more importantly....will this be the first thread to be moved to the \"e-thug forum\"???  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 10:30:00 PM by Matt »

Offline Chris

• Car.
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2005, 10:32:41 PM »
I'm thinkin all these regulars know just who makes sense and who doesn't. It ain't mudslingin if it makes sense.

more importantly....will this be the first thread to be moved to the "e-thug forum"???
Only if Jason manages to fix this forum!

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2005, 10:49:02 PM »
:blink:  :lol:  
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2005, 11:15:44 PM »
through the wonder of technology, we can now experience our first ever, online, interweb sponsored virtual drag race.

open both links below and play simultaneously. be sure to turn up the sound.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/528392966121342.../drag_car_road/

http://www.actop20.com/media/video/KROC...#39;s%20run.avi

That's a great Christmas attitude. It's funny, if someone else started mud slingin' all these regular's would be all over you. Raise your maturity level a little a realize not everyone in this world has the engine building and race experience you do.

i think darrens reaction is quite tame, considering that he was pretty much called a clueless chump. after one person has put so many hours into modifying & improving the power output of acvw heads and engines i think they have a right to defend themselves when someone else slings feces in their general direction.

I'm thinkin all these regulars know just who makes sense and who doesn't.

exactly.

kevin, i respect the fact that you have been around alot of engines and race cars and that you have dumped alot of time and money into your turbo powered sp choptop...but darren k is the man when it comes to acvw heads, engines and hp. you have to respect that and realize that he does know what he's talking about and the engines he builds and the heads he p&p's have proven it time and time again.

Offline Bubba

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2005, 11:28:22 PM »
Okay everybody....

Take a deep breath.........

Step away from the computer.............

Think about nice sandy beaches....warm water.............

Play nice now :)  
64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.

Offline AlanU

• http://members.shaw.ca/acvw/index.htm
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2005, 11:42:29 PM »
Just a question but are the dyno numbers gonna have the california correction factor of 50+ HP or more??? :huh:  HMMM 350hp + correction factor = 400HP?? Many times you'll see the HP figures on certain dyno's over rating the actual HP. Timeslips dont jive with HP figures.

Who cares what HP it makes. I think a bus box is needed without a question or lets hack a spendeola in there. Or you can be like the Lauffers and rebuild the type1 box every time it hits the track, meaning 1 rebuilt tranny for every day at the track. Poor type1 box poor poor type1 box  :(

$$$$$$ = speed.  Time is precious.  I see tranny swaps a frequent ordeal. Just stating facts.

So Shane whats the engine combo?????

hmm 4 barrel carb and a Mother fu!!er \"paradise\" custom grind. I'm guessing an 86x94 and pray to god type 4 mains on a flanged crank.

Man this summers gonna be fun.

Billyisgr8

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2005, 04:42:17 AM »
Hey Billy DREAM ON!Go back to your little fantasy land where single ports dominate the drags!

Funny...this is where vw racing started in the sixties.....All this motor will be capapble of is 11 seconds...definitly not dominating in any books.   Suprising for a singleport ......sure. You share the same attitude as most people towards the singleport.

Merry Christmas everyone, yes you too Darren.  

I look forward to seeing Shanes dyno #s since this is what this thread is supposed to be about.

Kevin