Author Topic: 2012 Christmas party and charity food drive. Dec 15th 2012 7pm on  (Read 8084 times)

Offline piercedvw

• aka Karmann Ghia
Re: 2012 Christmas party and charity food drive. Dec 15th 2012 7pm on
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »
Umm.. I don't see Alan's name on there.. How am I going to live vicariously through his photos if he wasn't there.. Did he pull the new baby card also?  wtf

Hope everyone had a safe night..  :111:  I'm sure there's a few of you still snoozing.  :34:

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »
A big thank you to everyone who showed up, donated food, prizes and their time. Without all of your support we couldn't have put this on.
We raised for food than any year before and had more prizes than we expected!

Once again the Bakers and the entire zundefolge club came thru with the largest donatin of food and prizes....big thank you!!!!

We hope everyone enjoyed the complimentary burger and beer and had a good time.

Sharks Club was a big part of this years event and we look forward to working with them again at the 2013 GCVWS.

Speaking of that, DVKK and sharks Club will Have a much bigger party on the sat before the GCVWS with outdoor volleyball, beer gardens and BBQ all in the parking lot outside.

We're looking forward to the next event!

Thanks again everyone!

G.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »
what a great night!!

big thanks to the DVKK for all their hardwork putting this together and making it happen and to everyone who donated prizes to the raffle...but most of all thanks to everyone that brought in food/toy donations for those in need. every item will truly make a difference and the amount raised by this small community is truly outstanding! great job!!!  :wub:

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »
What a great night. Thanks for my not one but two door prizes!! Happy Holiday's !!

Offline number3

• Rob Frose
    • http://www.avrparts.com
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »
what a great night!!

big thanks to the DVKK for all their hardwork putting this together and making it happen and to everyone who donated prizes to the raffle...but most of all thanks to everyone that brought in food/toy donations for those in need. every item will truly make a difference and the amount raised by this small community is truly outstanding! great job!!!  :wub:

Silas I totally agree with your comments.  I would like to add a special thank to the Zundfolge crew for going the extra mile with the food donations. 

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
Thanks to all who had a hand in putting this event on! Summer is too long to wait to see everyone and this breaks up that wait nicely. The Shark's Club was crazy generous to us all too. A free burger and Beer was unexpected , but totally welcome : ) . Thanks again to all!

Offline Alisdair

• i have no plan, im sticking to it !!
  • ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʇ
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 08:44:14 PM »
Thanks for a great night ,glad we finally made it . Great to put a face to some names . If we didn't meet this time round I apologize and hope to meet  you in 2013. Socializing has never been my strong suit , thanks for making it so very easy.
We also won a couple of draw prizes .Then just to top off a fantastic weekend we won 2 tickets to the Shark Clubs Masquerade Ball on New Year's Eve......too good to pass up so we reserved a room at the Sandman  before we checked out this morning ..Looks like we have another good reason to visit the lower mainland before the year ends.............mmmmm?  Masquerade ball?  Can't say I've ever...............thnks again guys n gals.
66 ragtop bug, 55 Bugaudi 33 dodge 6

Offline Jeremy

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »
Thanks again to all who organized the X-mas party. Looked like a fair amount of food collected. Nice work gang. I must have had some of that good karma from the party because as I was backing the '59 into the driveway at home it ran out of gas. Had to push it into the garage.  :tool:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all from sunny Kona, Hawai'i.  :a035:
'59 Beetle
'59 Single Cab

Offline josh

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
What??!! No body said anything about a free burger and beer....I would have made the trip for that :beer:
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2