Author Topic: What I am doing these days  (Read 10419 times)

Offline James Buchan

What I am doing these days
« on: September 08, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »
Hey all!

I thought I would post about what I have been up to lately and see if anyone out there is looking for a business opportunity.

For those that don't know me I have been a health and safety professional for the last 15 years and have worked in some of the worst incident rate professions you can imagine.

Earlier this year as I searched out Nutraceuticals for myself and my wife I came across a company that had exactly what I was after and I ordered up some to give it a try. I was blown away at the effectiveness of the two systems and how quickly I saw results so I got in on the business and it has been a rewarding experience to say the least.

The Company is called Qivana and is based in Utah and I am an independant business owner with them and in fact have worked my way up fairly quickly in the business.My website is www.qivanatoday.com and I invite you to check it out.

In the very near future I will be leaving my profession of the last 15 years and will be growing my business and would love the opportunity to introduce it to anyone that is interested. It IS Network Marketing, it IS NOT a get rich quick scheme but I will gaurantee that you can become financially free and a whole lot healthier if you put the work in like I have.

So even if you are mildly curious let me know, I will give you the facts and let you decide - I am not one of those don't take no for an answer guys, I am married after all and am used to hearing no!!!

Offline Mike Scott

Re: What I am doing these days
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 03:32:03 PM »
Is this an attempt to reduce your Karma?

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
LOL nope dead serious about it!

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
TL;DR = It's a cult, or multi-level marketing (same thing)...
Jason Hamilton

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »
Yes it is Multi Level Marketing!

You always hear about companies and people who got in early with an MLM and made a crap load of cash... when I was in highschool a buddy of mine got in with Herbalife and he now has a 7 figure monthly income due to it... I told him he was on crack at the time and I didnt want in.

Qivana is barely 2 years old... So I got in early ;)

Offline super90kyote

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
You need to start at the top of the PYRAMID to make money, otherwise your just selling amway

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
I have some swamp land for sale if anyone is interested  ;D

oh yeah.... If someones really interested I'll sell my beach front home in Arizona
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:12:39 PM by Geoff »

Offline Mike Scott

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »
I thought this was going to be a post with a badass VW you were building!!!!!!! I already got one annoying uncle that sends me amway crap every christmas.  signspamani

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »
Unfortunate that people that have no experience or knowledge have an opinion.

I am speaking of MY experience and FIRST HAND knowledge - If I am able to leave a 6 figure career something must be working....

I talk ALOT of smack and have for years but I always back it up and put 110% into what I do or build. If you are not interested awesome, enjoy your day job for the next 20-30 years. If you are looking for more out of life and are willing to put some effort in to achieve it. Lets talk

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
Oh and Mike - who said there wasnt a VW project in the works?

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »

Nothing negative from my side.

It takes some cojones to put your self out there.

Your friends won't judge you and will hope you do great.

PDT_Armataz_01_37

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 05:38:38 PM »
James, Of all people out there your the best at smack talking....you know we're (most of us) are just having some much needed fun at your expence, we miss kicking your ass here and at the track lol_hitting

Offline DarrenE

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »
It takes a certain someone and very hard work to succeed in this business, and I know that it CAN be done.  So we should be supportive of James, even if he does like to talk smack every once in awhile.  I say congrats and well done, and don't forget me when I'm flat - ass broke!   ;)
Kootenay Volkswagen Society

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:23 PM »
This is pure SPAM!

Good luck to you James. And ya, we do miss ya here. ;)

Offline beetlemandan

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 05:18:44 AM »
i was really hoping for more fireworks in this thread. but shameless self promotion is an asset in buisness
the customer is always wrong

Offline blue bus

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 06:36:59 AM »
This is not a pyramid scam!!! It's called the trapazoid method LOL

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
Bunch of fuckers LOL

Soon as my new garage is built I will be putting together another car so don't worry about that...

I need to get more in tune with my airspeed smacktalk gaydar it looks like - its been awhile since I've had so many Veedubers asking me if they can cop-a-feel (geoff you still have the softest hands btw)

The business is easy for me as you all know I am a talker and thats all it really takes. On wedesday Daniel Igali joined the business ( http://www.igali.com/ ) so I guess we are doing something right and the products are what I say they are.

Offline Randy

• Formerly Tikitime
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »
Shouldn't this thread be in the classifieds?  lol_hitting

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
It takes a certain someone and very hard work to succeed in this business, and I know that it CAN be done.  So we should be supportive of James, even if he does like to talk smack every once in awhile.  I say congrats and well done, and don't forget me when I'm flat - ass broke!   ;)

I thought you were flat ass broke now!  lol_hitting

(Or will be after the move!)
brian waz

Offline DarrenE

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 10:37:32 AM »

I thought you were flat ass broke now!  lol_hitting

(Or will be after the move!)
I'm not broke now, just carless!   lol_hitting
Kootenay Volkswagen Society

Offline AlanU

• http://members.shaw.ca/acvw/index.htm
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »
James if you dump a 6 figure income its your call. IMO thats just absolutely ridiculous. To be honest I'm actually impressed to hear you make 6 figures in that line of work you do. My wife saves lives every day in the ICU and risk her personal health doing so and she's not in the 6 figures. Good for you that you make 6 figures.

Its takes a certain personality to sell amyway, herbalife etc.....I've got family members failing in that bandwagon. 

Majority of all of us work 9-5. In that time people are involved in performing work not scheming or analyzing or talking to an outside person about how to increase income.

I'd follow your agenda after work. Theres plenty of hours after work to draw people in to a "network".

I'm a skeptic.....watching the vid where a paid woman host wearing oversized collar with a pearl necklace showing purchased stock photos from a website to promote a pyramid scheme really turns me off.  I think she said qivana about 200 times in the vid LOL...

Offline Chad M

• Custom Title
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »
James if you dump a 6 figure income its your call. IMO thats just absolutely ridiculous. To be honest I'm actually impressed to hear you make 6 figures in that line of work you do. My wife saves lives every day in the ICU and risk her personal health doing so and she's not in the 6 figures. Good for you that you make 6 figures.

Its takes a certain personality to sell amyway, herbalife etc.....I've got family members failing in that bandwagon. 

Majority of all of us work 9-5. In that time people are involved in performing work not scheming or analyzing or talking to an outside person about how to increase income.

I'd follow your agenda after work. Theres plenty of hours after work to draw people in to a "network".

I'm a skeptic.....watching the vid where a paid woman host wearing oversized collar with a pearl necklace showing purchased stock photos from a website to promote a pyramid scheme really turns me off.  I think she said qivana about 200 times in the vid LOL...

Sorry in advance for poking my nose in here! I don't know the original poster, but I do know good advice when I read it.

Don't quit your day job.

Stephan Schmidt

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »

Best advice I've read in this thread.  I too had a co-worker/friends get involved with this - It is an absolute rarity to make big $$ in this business because its all based on a pyramid.  If the people who are paying you loyalties decide to drop off (probably the largest revolving door in the world at over 95% drop out rate) then you don't get your cut.  Keep your day job, make sure you are making enough money scamming people for a living, and then decide to quit your job if you feel good about it!

Sorry James, but I've been to a lot of these meetings where people get together to pump them selves up, watch a paid actor tell you he is making millions doing it.  Its hilarious!

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
damn, you'd have to change your lifestyle to do this.

"only dead fish swim with the stream"

Offline Chris E.

• I like you.
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 02:34:13 PM »
I can't speak for James, but sometimes money isn't the biggest factor when making a career change. I work shift work and that can take a toll on your health and family not unlike someone who travels a lot for their work or someone who puts in long hours 5, 6 or 7 days a week. Pyramid schemes aren't my cup of tea, but we really don't know James' reasons for making the change.

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »
The experts here crack me up to say the least - the so called pyramid is actually a scam that was around 25 years ago and is against the law.... There are no "people" paying royalties either - Maybe check your facts.

Someone asked why am I leaving a career to do this - thats a no brainer - cause I can! Who wouldn't want to be able to hang out with their family, travel and virtually do whatever they want and at the same time help people get in a much better state of health and increase some peoples' their bottom line? Not one person I know of would say no to that and if you do - you are lying.

Like I said before I've been in my career for 15 years and I have reached the highest level I can achieve in it. I am ready to move on and have found something that I am making great money at in a short period of time and all I had to do was apply myself. You will never get rich working for a 9-5 job heck most people cant even get ahead in one these days.

Business aside for a moment the products are what drew me to the company - look up http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed ( US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health ) and type in Gynostemma Pentaphyllum - you will see hundreds of papers... and this is only part of one system Qivana and there are dozens of other lines just like it.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 09:57:17 PM »
No one can say your a quitter bud... but i think you are preaching to the choir here :-\.....
I dont think you will find any follows here....maybe you should just try and build a bug....
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Chad M

• Custom Title
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »
Will Qivana let you port your pension?

Offline billybob57

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 07:42:58 AM »
Will Qivana let you port your pension?

Thought hes was asking if Qivana gives u a penis extention........ lol_hitting

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
Its all good Shane - I put it out there, those that want more can look at it and those that dont can continue what they are doing.

Sorry Chad - I am not sure what your pension has to do with Qivana and I am not a retirement expert. With Qivana you are an Independant Business Owner and as such you need to file taxes as being self employeed and are able to recieve the benefits of being self employeed such as tax write-offs and expenditure allocation. I also run another business that is fairly successful and have a good accountant and lawyer if you are in need of someone in that field.