Author Topic: Smak Talk Show Down  (Read 9309 times)

Billyisgr8

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2003, 05:13:42 PM »
Give up no way man!!!!

Late for the drag night is a possibility though as we are meeting with surgons around 12:00 to go over latest test results and then pro-cons of different approaches to surgery.

I might be late and if there are 225 cars lined up early I might not make it into the field.

Which means lucky you.

Thanks for the concern though.

BTW I got my car running again just now. I replaced the condensor  to run with just points, so I guess the cdi runs with no condensor then,  since it blew my other one out.  I'm not sure if I want to hook it up though before friday.  It's not fun when your car does not run right or not at all.

I also changed the advance curve on the dissy and backed off on the timing to 28 degrees from 30, and then took it for a drive, looks like I will be putting it back to 30.

Kevin

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2003, 03:52:56 PM »
OHH boy, I hope you do make it Kev, the rumor has it that James car wont be done. I wonder if theres any truth to it? I guess if you dont show just make sure the beer is cold when you give it to me. ;)  

Billyisgr8

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2005, 04:57:26 PM »
Oh wow what a read this was, I re-read every post from the begining.  I laughed so hard :lol: .  OK so for this year are we going to have us 3 stoogies go at it again?

Brian are you even going to try to be ready for the great cdn?   James won't have his car back together ,   looks like it will be just me and a single port running

I will predict a 13.5  to a 14.5 run for me, which should give James a run if he can finish the car AGAIN.

Kevin

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2005, 05:35:44 PM »
Oh wow what a read this was, I re-read every post from the begining.  I laughed so hard :lol: .  OK so for this year are we going to have us 3 stoogies go at it again?

Brian are you even going to try to be ready for the great cdn?   James won't have his car back together ,   looks like it will be just me and a single port running

I will predict a 13.5  to a 14.5 run for me, which should give James a run if he can finish the car AGAIN.

Kevin
I just read the whole thing aswell.... MY god Kevin you have not changed..... :lol:  :lol:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline James Buchan

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2005, 07:14:19 PM »
What's the point - I've moved on to killing bigger prey - Here Brucey Brucey......

Offline notchback

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2005, 08:33:29 PM »
Ha Ha, we'll see but I dont think you could even keep up at all this year  since I WILL be running on all cylinders and my motor should put out more power than most guys around hear who are N.A.  I guess the challenge from JAmes is on now
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline dannyboy

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2005, 09:00:19 PM »
haha james, your gonna have to get past me first bucko!!
and btw it aint gonna happen....

Offline James Buchan

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2005, 06:05:51 AM »
Is on???? What's that Bruce??? I can barely hear you as your BEHIND me still from last year!

Danny - just worry about keeping your tires on....

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2005, 06:32:04 AM »
why do you guys let James get to you???
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline James Buchan

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2005, 06:41:06 AM »
Cause I SCARE them - must be hard to accept defeat from an engine 2-400cc smaller than their's!

Offline red snapper

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2005, 07:07:50 AM »
Oh brother, here we go again! James just doesnt learn.

Offline James Buchan

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2005, 07:13:08 AM »
Learn??? How when I'm the teacher!

Anyways - this year isn't about me vs anyone, that was last year with you Martha - Anyone else on board care to take the challange and call someone out?
Some big engines being built - care to make it interesting....... Or are ya chicken.....

Billyisgr8

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2005, 07:35:02 AM »
Cause I SCARE them - must be hard to accept defeat from an engine 2-400cc smaller than their's!
I share the same thoughts.  Of course with my 1600 stroker beater.

Kevin

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2005, 10:51:09 AM »
I share the same thoughts.  Of course with my 1600 stroker beater.

Kevin
Kev you actually have to show up,,, Park all them excuses you have in the garage....
 :o  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline red snapper

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2005, 12:46:35 PM »
James, only you know what accepting defeat feels like. Oh, maybe Kevin does to :lol: . I havnt done anything thing to the ghia since the last time I raced you guys. No changes for me as Im working on the Fiat. But If i were a betting man I would put my money on Bruce.  

Offline James Buchan

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2005, 01:21:52 PM »
Here Brucey, Brucey.... [/size]

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2005, 07:12:02 PM »
Anyways - this year isn't about me vs anyone.

Here Brucey, Brucey....

:blink:  

Offline notchback

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
Hey , smack talk all you want . If you feel that you'll be the better man then lets put a wager on it. Put your money where your mouth is. You dont scare me but like I said before my car was running probably about a 1/3 less power than what it is capable of due to my manifolds being sheared off at the heads and leaking, which was my mistake not loctite the bolts.
We'll see at the track who is the better man, Im not hiding and not needing to cut holes in my car to go faster. Bring it!!!!
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline Chris

• Car.
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2005, 08:12:14 PM »
maybe we could start a little tournament action with some money on it, say $25 per car, I would be willing to oversee it, being about the only one who really hasn't done much smack talking here.

Any takers?  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2005, 09:26:28 PM »
maybe we could start a little tournament action with some money on it, say $25 per car, I would be willing to oversee it, being about the only one who really hasn't done much smack talking here.

Any takers?
I have not smack talked
... My money is on Bruce..
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline James Buchan

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2005, 08:07:52 AM »
.... GCVW ..... tick tock, tick tock - don't get to nervous before then......

Offline red snapper

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2005, 09:31:04 AM »
James,James, what have ya started? Even if your car does a little better than it did last year, you still WILL NOT get past first round. I will put money on that. Bring it on little man!

Offline Boost_Retard

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2005, 12:07:35 PM »
Ye all need not worry...*cough* cough* if i can drop this doobie and get my hand outa the bowl of doritos i might have my car done in time enough to spank you all :)

im not really into smack talk...make peace not war right?
BUT altho im a dog fucker and never get things done on time..its pretty friggin obvious whos gonna spank who here..i know the hulk is a nice fast car..ya ya..really pretty with all the nice paint and fake motor in the magazine..but i know my turbo EFI 2.0L is gonna walk ALL over you other guys.. come on..your all just lucky that i did not make it out last year..or you would not even be having this conversation right now..there would be no contest.

Ohh. and for the hulk. Its gonna be WAR on you when my new motor is in..i know Jim says the hulk is the fastest..and that its gonna stay that way..hell i would be telling myself the same thing if i was in your shoes.
But you have no idea what your all in store for.

once this cage is all welded up..your all going down.

Cale
 :rockon: D-S-R :rockon:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2005, 02:13:17 PM »
Ye all need not worry...*cough* cough* if i can drop this doobie and get my hand outa the bowl of doritos i might have my car done in time enough to spank you all :)

im not really into smack talk...make peace not war right?
BUT altho im a dog fucker and never get things done on time..its pretty friggin obvious whos gonna spank who here..i know the hulk is a nice fast car..ya ya..really pretty with all the nice paint and fake motor in the magazine..but i know my turbo EFI 2.0L is gonna walk ALL over you other guys.. come on..your all just lucky that i did not make it out last year..or you would not even be having this conversation right now..there would be no contest.

Ohh. and for the hulk. Its gonna be WAR on you when my new motor is in..i know Jim says the hulk is the fastest..and that its gonna stay that way..hell i would be telling myself the same thing if i was in your shoes.
But you have no idea what your all in store for.

once this cage is all welded up..your all going down.

Cale
 :rockon: D-S-R :rockon:
Cale.....

Just show up
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Matt

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2005, 02:42:37 PM »
Are there wagers on the side? I can see a real easy way to make a couple extra bucks on the James vs Bruce episode. I got my money on Bruce.
James, you need to get your car up to Salmon arm still....I smell a repeat of 2 years ago, Mr Smalk-talk no-show.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2005, 02:49:29 PM »
It looks like I am going to setup a pool, I will get the details together over the road trip and then post it when I return, there is some money to be made here!

Offline Boost_Retard

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2005, 04:00:31 PM »
I could show up....it might just happen.

did ya get a motor in your car yet?

Cale

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2005, 05:30:40 PM »
I pick the motor up tomorrow. and when I get back from vegas, I AM GOING TO INSTALL IT! ( get that Silas)
I should be ready about mid March, Just have to finsh some work on my sandrail yet...

And you are not gonna show..... are you..
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2005, 05:54:56 PM »
I pick the motor up tomorrow. and when I get back from vegas, I AM GOING TO INSTALL IT! ( get that Silas)
just remember, it goes in the back of the car. B)  

Offline Boost_Retard

Smak Talk Show Down
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2005, 06:00:35 PM »
Hey , you can borrow my tools if your gonna put that motor in yourself  :D