Author Topic: hank heikkila, speedway motors, victoria bc, canada  (Read 3204 times)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
hank heikkila, speedway motors, victoria bc, canada
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:09:02 PM »
from the vintage dealer brochure titled "why do so many people buy volkswagens?"

date stamp 8/68

does anyone know hank...?

Offline Parts

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Re: hank heikkila, speedway motors, victoria bc, canada
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 08:36:58 AM »
Ha! I know Hank!
Haven't seen him in 12-15 years probably. He was the transmission guy. You needed a tranny built right? Hank was the guy.
Man, he always was a handsome fella. Finnish, I believe.
There's still a couple of old timers here that worked with Hank.
He drove a '70-'71 Squareback, red, automatic trans, 2.0L mill, I wanna say Fuchs wheels? A very sweet ride.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Offline kinggeorge13

• Whaddya mean I can't buy more buses?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 09:38:34 PM »
That's some clean white coveralls.  I wear dark clothing always and try to keep clean but it's pointless and even my dark clothing looks messier/oilier than his does.   Or maybe it's just me.  I manage to spill my coffee across my workbench splashing everything in sight at least once per week.   And why I have boxes of rubber gloves in my workshop is a complete mystery to me: I usually think of them as I notice how dirty my hands are getting in the middle of doing something.
1975 Westy, Serenity
1975 Westy, Jack Sparrow
1979 Kombi, Pistachio
1979 Kombi, Oliver
1977 Tin top camper, Cosmos
1974 Westy, Garfield
1973 Tin top camper, Bart (now thinking he's 1976)
1974 gutted Riviera, Casper
1975 Westy, Stella
1979 Super Beetle, Penelope
1967 Fastback, Green Hornet

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 12:47:18 PM »
Ha! I know Hank!
Haven't seen him in 12-15 years probably. He was the transmission guy. You needed a tranny built right? Hank was the guy.
Man, he always was a handsome fella. Finnish, I believe.
There's still a couple of old timers here that worked with Hank.
He drove a '70-'71 Squareback, red, automatic trans, 2.0L mill, I wanna say Fuchs wheels? A very sweet ride.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

right on chris! thats cool! i was wondering if you would have that connection.  :cool:

That's some clean white coveralls.  I wear dark clothing always and try to keep clean but it's pointless and even my dark clothing looks messier/oilier than his does...

you should get a brand new pair of white coveralls and wear them when you work on your vws for a season and create a unique, colorful, collage, mosaic-ish art piece!  ;D

And why I have boxes of rubber gloves in my workshop is a complete mystery to me: I usually think of them as I notice how dirty my hands are getting in the middle of doing something.

safety advisory 33-745.1 = gloves do more than keep our hands clean, they help protect us & our skin from all the dangerous chemicals and other nasty stuff that we come in contact with when working on these cherished rides of ours. use them!  :)

Offline kinggeorge13

• Whaddya mean I can't buy more buses?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 06:25:18 AM »
How do you manage to get large photos right into your post like that?   I only see how to attach a photo and while that shows a large "thumbnail" of the photo that people can then click on to enlarge, it just seems so much more impactful and easier to read/enjoy when the photo is already nice and large and within the post text.   
1975 Westy, Serenity
1975 Westy, Jack Sparrow
1979 Kombi, Pistachio
1979 Kombi, Oliver
1977 Tin top camper, Cosmos
1974 Westy, Garfield
1973 Tin top camper, Bart (now thinking he's 1976)
1974 gutted Riviera, Casper
1975 Westy, Stella
1979 Super Beetle, Penelope
1967 Fastback, Green Hornet