Project Forums > ASF Member Projects

56 deluxe oval - the project is getting close to road.

(1/8) > >>

J A Red:
Thought I'd post the beginning of my first ACVW project.

I got the body off the pan right away and started inventory of what was missing and what need to be replaced. Ended up ordering all new bearings and seals for the 4 corners as well as all new brake parts for the rear. The PO had already done the front brakes. I installed drop spindles last month and dropped the rear 1 spline as well.

The big change was selling that really nice 36hp engine that I picked up from Thomas a couple months back. I picked up another engine yesterday and couldn't wait to see what it looked like bolted up to the pan.

I'll post more as I progress.

josh:
Right on man, looks like a good start to a killer oval! More pics!

J A Red:
Had some parts painted by Slammedbus and picked them up on Friday. All original colours and super happy the way they turned out. Now just need some tires and I'll have a complete rolling chassis.

Kevin K:
very cool
paint looks awesome, love the original colours
good to see progress

J A Red:
Haven't had a chance to do much, but thought I'd post a few pics.  This past week I've been mocking up the engine to install the Fram oil filter, and replace the throttle with the original style from WW. Should have the oil lines and oil cooler delivered early January, the all the engine tin will be sent out for blasting and powder coating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version