Project Forums > ASF Member Projects

Rag top install

(1/15) > >>

Thomas:
Well here I go ..... starting to installing a rag top section in my 58 Beetle with minimal body and paint work. I'm posting this so that can I ask for advice along the way and maybe help others learn from my mistakes. I cut the rag section out of the roof clip with about 1"all the way around except of the rear part where I left more to help with the hole placements later. I started to trim away the top layer from the bottom layer as seen in the picture. This will give me something to weld against. I'm trimming it close enough so my seams will be hidden by the trim. I will post as I go along with this project.

josh:
Cool man! It's awesome when guys document the way they do stuff and post it so the pics can help others tackle a job they might of thought they couldn't handle.....until seeing how someone else did it.

Right on!!

Thomas:
Well got some work done on the sunroof this weekend. I got side tracked installing a sapphire I radio and antenna on the car. I figured drilling holes for the antenna would help prep me for cutting the big hole in the roof.

Got the clip all trimmed out  and ready to start working out location.

Looking for the nylon like strapping material in this picture. Does anyone know where I can pick some up?

I pick a colour for the roof but this has cause me to order a whole new interior to match the colour I picked for the roof. Being made for me at TMI right now.

Jeremy:
Looking good Thomas. Keep the updates coming.

bwaz:
you should just add this one to your garage Thomas ;)

http://www.vvwc.ca/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=6225

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version