Project Forums > ASF Member Projects

1960 project bug

(1/19) > >>

Kevin K:
having finished my engine, i needed something to put it in, it just so happened that a friend of my dads saved a bug from the crusher a few years ago and we bought it off of him. After sitting for 6 or 8 years it was pulled out last Sunday. Although it is very rough and will take me a few years to complete, it was a very good 15th birthday present :)
the body is very rough and will need new heater channels, bumper brackets and a lot more sheet metal. the pan will also need work, i plan on buying 2 1/2 pan peaces, one for each side, to put on the rear sections.
when sitting this beetle was not doing nothing, it was housing a family of rats, that was fun to clean up...
any way lots of work ahead but here are some pics to start.

70's Looker:
well done!! 58-61 are totally the best years after all! keep at er, a little thing here a little thing there and itll be done in no time just stay at it!

good luck!

Jeremy:

--- Quote from: ont58 on June 24, 2011, 08:26:16 AM ---well done!! 58-61 are totally the best years after all!

--- End quote ---

iagree

Kevin K:
thanks guys,
I've got all summer to do some work on this thing , hopefully i get a lot of stuff done

GRK:
So Kev did the Rats move into the blue fridge? :D I've told your Dad I'm off work soon and can come over and pull the fridge from it's resting place get it to the crusher and you'll have more room to work!
Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version