Project Forums > ASF Member Projects

June 1968 Meyers manx resto, Project "This old Manx"

(1/15) > >>

Geoff:
This is the start of the resteration of my June 1968 Meyers Manx. In a previous thread I posted how In Oct I found an ad on Craigslist for this manx in San Jose. bruce and I crossed the border at 5pm on friday and 36 hrs later we were crossing the border Sunday 5am with this in tow!
Thanks again Bruce for making the trek with me.

This old Manx has spent the better part of 41 years in the heat and sun, faded and dull but very complete! Most Buggies have suffered the changing trends over the years, the 80's and 90's were not kind to many ;D so many were changed and updated along the way,re painted,modern seats,guages,body mods etc.

This one has managed to survive with only a hood scoop added and a tail light change.
That being said here are the as found pic's. I'll add lots more this week as I get time.

Above shows the orig Manx Tow bar, wrong hard top roof, Manx Bunpers front and rear

Incorrect tail lights, should have the 62-67 lights. It came with the orig Manx steel wheels and Commando tires (not shown)

I have it all torn down and body work has been started, more to follow.

Geoff:
Here it is on pick up in San Jose....

The start of tear down and inspection....
The hood scoop will be long gone soon!

The tail lights were replaced with these trailer lights at some point.. The orig chrome 61-67 tail lights will go back on.

And tear down begins

The car also came with the orig Manx steel 14 and 15" widened steel wheels with the 1968 Commando tires!

and fresh from three hours of Blasting at Langley U balst...

And after Russ worked his powder coating magic

70's Looker:
i likie well good dude, what did youblast set ya back? ive heard prices all over the map!

8)

Geoff:

--- Quote from: ont58 on December 10, 2009, 10:17:30 PM ---i likie well good dude, what did youblast set ya back? ive heard prices all over the map!

8)

--- End quote ---

I've been there a few times and it can get costly but they have nice machines in a warm clean shop.

I also used the outdoor sand blasting place (Canadian auto Restoration) in Langley for the pan and large items.

Geoff:
Here's the pan after blasting and a new fuel line and clutch tube.

That's some crazy old arc welding on that shortened pan.....but it's original.

And after some fresh satin black powder coating...

And some of the hardware fresh from blasting and Cad plated.

more soon....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version