Author Topic: Fifi in the Finals  (Read 8112 times)

Offline Terry H

Fifi in the Finals
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:26:36 AM »
The most popular car out on the weekend . Nice job Brian , goes five rounds kicks my butt in the second round and scares the rest of them right until the final when he was shut off because the alternator pulley fell off . Hopefully the rule for the minimum wheel base 90 inches will be adjusted so Fifi can race again , just alittle short at 80 inches

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Re: Fifi in the Finals
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »
Thanks Terry and Sylvia and everyone else for your help and support Saturday. It was somewhat of a bittersweet day.
Going all the way to the finals has been one of the highlights of the year for me.
Unfortunately after doing my burnout in the finals my alternator nut came off and the track people noticed something came off and decided for me that I couldnt race and gave the guy in the other lane a bi-run and he took home all the money.
Just when I thought it couldnt get worse, one off the track officials came by to the pits with a tape measure and checked out my wheelbase and banned me from racing at the track.
Hopefully I can work something out with the track. I dont think they will even let me race Friday nights.
Brian.

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »
Dood that sucks, but congrats on the performance!

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 03:06:40 PM »
damn...sorry to hear about that brian. i sure hope something can be worked out.

congrats on getting to the finals!

Billyisgr8

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »
Wow Brian, getting to the finals is awsome, getting banned that completely sucks.  Hopefully you can work out something with the track.  Maybe have to keep it under a certain MPH.

Kevin

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »
Brian, that's terrible new's. I hope it work's out for you.Congrat's with your win.   

Offline Bruce

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
, one off the track officials came by to the pits with a tape measure and checked out my wheelbase and banned me from racing at the track.
Wow, talk about taking your ball and going home! 

Just tell them you'll simply put your dune buggy body back on your chassis and run it as is.

Offline red snapper

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
, one off the track officials came by to the pits with a tape measure and checked out my wheelbase and banned me from racing at the track.

Just tell them you'll simply put your dune buggy body back on your chassis and run it as is.

Ya Bruce, I tried that one. He said "well no dune buggies race here"
I think we will have it figured out soon. Terry posted on Ultimate aircooled and Loyd Moser says this get brought up every year. They just have to get in touch with NHRA.
I have my fingers crossed.

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »
Besides the BS thats an awsome day at the track Brian, Congrats dude!

Offline red snapper

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 07:26:22 PM »
Besides the BS thats an awsome day at the track Brian, Congrats dude!

Thanks Geoff, it was an a awsome day. The compliments that I got all day from people were worth it!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »
Well done Brian. Way to take on the vets
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Bruce

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »

Ya Bruce, I tried that one. He said "well no dune buggies race here"
What a moron!  Tell him Manx style buggies are specifically allowed according to NHRA rules.  I think the fact that your car is on a VW pan is going to help you.  It's a VW with a different body on it.  It's not a different car with just an engine swap.

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 08:37:08 AM »
Funny they never said anything until you were winning.....

Offline red snapper

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 08:57:38 AM »
Chris, your probably right on the money. If I just went to the street legals on Friday nights, everything probably would have been alright.

Offline Darren

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
Nice work Brian, hopefully those Tech guys can get you sorted out so you can go play Super Shifters next year And give Terry something to worry about on the starting line!

Offline Kantdrive55

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 02:50:12 PM »
Congrats on making the finals.  What it most likely was is someone that you beat would have brought up a rule infraction (which as unfortunate as it is) in the hopes to have you dq'd in order to make it further or get some of the money.  Hopefully there is a revision in the rules that would allow you to run. I know you have lots of time and money invested in it.  Time to stretch that front end and put a beetle beam and be done with it.

Bill is a very fair tech guy, he is just doing his job as far as the rules go.  Maybe if more of us emailed our concerns to the divisional NHRA rep and the NHRA tech department there can be a revision in the rule. 
Pat Stewart
Crew Chief for Dilley Motorsports
Pro Mod VW

Offline red snapper

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »
Pat I hear what your saying. But in all honesty stretching the front of that car will be the last thing I do. I will exhaust all avenues first because Red Snapper racing doesnt have the funds like Dilley Motorsports does. ;)

Offline Terry H

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
They actually knew about the rule infraction after round two but decided since he passed tech nothing was going to be said until after the race , just like it was done by Wally & Bill. Being shut off in the finals was alittle disappointing but that rule was enforced by the starter , maybe alittle harsh but still the right call.

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »
I sense a conspiracy here! Something is not right!

Offline Terry H

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
Chris your so right , it was me and I wanted back in after getting my butt kicked LOL

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 07:17:18 PM »
Terry it takes a good man to own up to the dirty tricks he pulls.....

So the question is who really did it?

Offline red snapper

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 07:35:56 PM »
Terry, didnt I race you in the second round? Personally, I dont care who did it (well, maybe a little). This rule has always been in the back of my mind. I was just hoping they would overlook it and want to  see it go down the track.
On Saturday after everything happened they took down my phone # and e-mail so Im hoping they will get in touch with me.

Offline Terry H

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
I really don't know but I think it will all be okay in the end . I for one would never turn on my VW freinds unless their names start with B or C or D or W , did I miss anyone ;)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »
...On Saturday after everything happened they took down my phone # and e-mail so Im hoping they will get in touch with me.

i have to agree with something that was said in the thread on the UA forum...

be proactive and stay involved...and that doesnt mean waiting for them to call you...make sure you let them know that you are comitted and want to be involved in the process of resolving this problem. you know you have alot of people to back you up too so dont forget to use all the resources available to you!

Offline red snapper

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
Silas, your absolutely right. I do appreciate all the support as well. A email has already been sent to the head tech guy at the track. PDT_Armataz_01_37
Stefan says he has a sawzall on standby just in case!  :huh:

Offline Kantdrive55

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »
Terry, we all know you are the big track rat...... 8)  lol  Just kidding. You_Rock_Emoticon  You have helped us tremendously.  Does that mean you will help us until we beat you then you gonna turn?????? lol_hitting
Pat Stewart
Crew Chief for Dilley Motorsports
Pro Mod VW