Author Topic: True Street - Pump Gas VW Racing (Top 10/20 contest)  (Read 1747 times)

Stephan Schmidt

True Street - Pump Gas VW Racing (Top 10/20 contest)
« on: October 23, 2021, 01:43:19 PM »
Hi Everyone,

With the support of AVR Import Specialties, we are starting a top 10/20 drag racing contest for the local BC VW scene. 

Based loosely on the old Cal-look.com forum contest and the Real Street Racing series in southern California, we are hoping to re-ignite some local excitement for Aircooled VW Drag Racing.

All the details are listed below! Submit 1 time-slip for the season or 50 of them, try to better your time or someone else, we hope to see you at the track next summer!

---------------------------------------------------

Email: truestreetvw@gmail.com
Facebook: True Street – Pump Gas VW Racing
Instagram: TrueStreetVW
Contest Organizers: Kevin Krieger & Stephen Schmidt

Welcome to True Street, a pump gas VW racing contest which ranks the Top 10/20 fastest quarter mile drag times of street driven Aircooled VW’s in BC Canada. The intention is to inspire some friendly competition with other enthusiasts in the local VW community highlighting the performance of various engine, transmission, and chassis combinations.

Join the Facebook group and post your name, vehicle info and a picture of your ride. Attend any street legal drag race night during the 2022 season and post your quarter mile time slip in the discussion. Latest submission for the season will be Oct. 31. We will also be cross posting to Instagram. If you do not use social media, you can email us, and we will submit a post on your behalf.

2 Classes: Unlimited Top 10 and All Motor Top 20. Top cars will be ranked by quickest elapsed times.

The rules are simple and clear; therefore, we ask that everyone abide by them as cheating will disqualify you from participating for the season. Organizers may review any vehicle in question.

Rules & Restrictions:
-Car must be driven by its owner, no driver swaps allowed
-Vehicle must be licensed for street use and driven on the street
-Vehicles must meet the NHRA safety requirements by race track for ET/MPH
-Vehicles must have functioning headlights and taillights
-Aircooled Type 1 or type 4 VW based engines only
-VW Pan chassis, rear engine, rear wheel drive cars only
-Cooling shroud & charging system must be present, fan belt can be removed for racing
-Slicks & front runners allowed for racing
-No wheelie bars
-Cars must run with all body panels in place (no bumpers ok, no ET triggers)
-One car can enter either class, if it conforms to the rules (i.e. Car runs with and without nitrous)

Additional Class Specific Restrictions:

True Street – Unlimited
-All motor, forced induction or nitrous cars
-Max 94 octane or E85 pump gas ONLY. No race fuel or octane boosters.
-Water/meth injection allowed
-Any VW pan-based cars allowed (inc. fiberglass buggies, bajas, kit cars, etc…)
-Any other body, suspension, transmission or engine modifications allowed.

The unlimited class is geared towards pan-based cars that are very lightweight (i.e. fiberglass bodies & front ends, completely gutted interiors, use of non-factory body parts and materials) or radical street / strip cars with possible engine power adders, spools, torsion raises/narrowing, fuel cells, etc…

True Street – All Motor
-Max 94 octane pump gas ONLY. No E85, race fuel or octane boosters.
-Up to 1” max trans raise allowed
-Up to 3” max narrowed trailing arms allowed
-No torsion narrowing
-No spools allowed
-Interior must have a minimum 2 front seats, front door panels and a complete dash
-Stock fuel tanks only
-Functioning 4 wheel brakes required
-Body shell trimming restricted to engine compartment area and rear apron only
-Body shell must be all steel and factory style
-Lightweight body panels and windows allowed, must be factory size and style

The all motor class is for full-bodied VW’s strongly influenced by the Cal-look, German look or Resto custom styles with naturally aspirated engines.

*Acknowledgement of participation for ranked finalists and prizes for winners TBD.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Re: True Street - Pump Gas VW Racing (Top 10/20 contest)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 07:45:15 PM »
  sounds like a good time .
and i hope to be out there when some of you guys and gals are running .
if im out i will offer any assistance i can if its needed .

please remember driving your car down the track is the same as on the street ,you dont need to abuse your car .
treat it like you stole it ,or rev-it to the moon and speed shift like a nutjob.

go out and pull away just like at a stop light and have at it .safe , fun and easy on the car .
nothing more fun

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Stephan Schmidt

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 06:41:36 AM »
  sounds like a good time .
and i hope to be out there when some of you guys and gals are running .
if im out i will offer any assistance i can if its needed .

please remember driving your car down the track is the same as on the street ,you dont need to abuse your car .
treat it like you stole it ,or rev-it to the moon and speed shift like a nutjob.

go out and pull away just like at a stop light and have at it .safe , fun and easy on the car .
nothing more fun

Yes, should be a fun time and hopefully we'll see you out there!

I'd like to echo what you said; I hear time and time again that "I don't want to race because i don't want to break anything".  Well, you don't need to launch at 5-7000 RPM's on slicks because you certainly don't on the street. So leave your car in street form, ease out of the starting line at 2500 RPM and punch it once you're rolling!

We have a large number of performance Aircooled VW's in our local community and it would be fun to see people participate no matter if you have a hopped up 1641cc or a 2442cc engine. Having a great time and supporting each other at the track is what this contest is intended to do!

Stephen

Offline Bruce

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 09:25:17 PM »
Join the Facebook group and post your name, vehicle info and a picture of your ride. Attend any street legal drag race night during the 2022 season and post your quarter mile time slip in the discussion. Latest submission for the season will be Oct. 31.
I have a suggestion for you. Put an expiry date on each time slip.  Say 2 weeks. If not submitted within that 2 week period, the entry is voided.
The old CLF had a similar contest but it only lasted for a couple of years before everyone lost interest. For some unknown reason, most people saved up their time slips and submitted them on the last day of the year. For months before that, nobody sent in any time slips. What good is a competition if there's nothing happening throughout the year?

Stephan Schmidt

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 07:10:50 AM »
Join the Facebook group and post your name, vehicle info and a picture of your ride. Attend any street legal drag race night during the 2022 season and post your quarter mile time slip in the discussion. Latest submission for the season will be Oct. 31.
I have a suggestion for you. Put an expiry date on each time slip.  Say 2 weeks. If not submitted within that 2 week period, the entry is voided.
The old CLF had a similar contest but it only lasted for a couple of years before everyone lost interest. For some unknown reason, most people saved up their time slips and submitted them on the last day of the year. For months before that, nobody sent in any time slips. What good is a competition if there's nothing happening throughout the year?

I think that's a good idea Bruce!