Author Topic: Show This Weekend In North Van  (Read 2386 times)

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Show This Weekend In North Van
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:01:14 AM »
I had read somewhere that there was either a VW or all german show this weekend at waterfront park in North Vancouver, but can't find any listings on it. Anyone heard anything about it????
thanks
Brian  
brian waz

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »
FOUND IT! It's listed as an all German Show, put on by the Porsche club. Let's try and get a better VW to Porsche ratio out there! Although my 92 Jetta won't be on display, some cool beetles would be nice! The ad was:

Porsche Club of America presents the annual German Car Festival at Waterfront Park (South Side) in North Vancouver. Proceeds and food donations to benefit the Harvest Project. Sunday June 26/05

http://www.cnv.org/apps/commevent/details.aspx?id=503

Let's blow them away with VW's!

Brian
brian waz

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 01:17:13 PM »
Damn!!!!!! I have a wedding in Victoria...just my luck. >:(  

Matt

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 05:52:28 PM »
I'll take Speed-E out for you ;)  

Offline Bruce

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:59:28 PM »
A friend of mine in the BMW '02 club said he heard that VWs are NOT welcome.  
Sounds like a reason to go to me!  Maybe I should try to sneak my Mexican Beetle in there.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 11:14:02 PM by Bruce »

Offline kirin

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:03:25 AM »
Correction..
Its not that Vws are not allowed it is that there is not a club for all generations(AKA Bmw club of bc to manage it). Also a couple years back a bunch of young punks showed up in their dubs and blasted out thier music which kind of ruins the atmosphere for gazing at vintage cars.
If we could as a group form a club for all of bc for all sorts of vws we would definetly stand a higher chance of being invited....
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 07:50:11 AM »
I'll see if I can get hold of someone today and see what goes on? Calling it an "all german" show kind of implies all german welcome to me, who knows. I'll let you know if I can get an answer!
Brian
brian waz

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 07:48:40 AM »
WANT A REASON TO GO??? the response from the club was:

If you are referring to Volkswagens - they are not involved in this show.  They deserve their own event. Any other German marque is acceptable.

Regards
Bruce Young

If I owned 25 cars, I'd block the entrance! Soooo if you decide to go, it doesn't seem that we're wanted.
Brian
brian waz

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 07:54:15 AM »
What a crock of shit! WTF just cause their cars are boring as hell and the VW's will garner more interest - heaven forbid that the show becomes popular....

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 01:14:17 PM »
after a response from someone on another VWDOV site, I responded with:
Then call it the Porsche/Mercedes/BMW show, NOT GERMAN. Before I heard of the details, I would fully expect VW's to be there, wouldn't you? I can't remember, when and where are the North Vancovuer VW shows? The last show a friend and I organized became the Vintage VW Meet in Seattle, known as the one of, if not the biggest Vintage VW meet in North America. As the number of aircooled VW's dwindle, I expect so does the interest... so why not take advantage of marketing a show by allowing the "sport" of automobile collecting, driving and showing be better recongnized for all? I can remember porsche's at many VW shows, and were welcomed with open arms. Can't we all just get along:)

Funny, I got another email back from a woman with the club who said she wouldn't mind a concours bug there, but she wasn't organizing it. As I said, why not let everyone see as many cars as they can, making an event more interesting can't but help their attendance and membership! Enuff said on this... sorry to stir the sh*t.
Brain

brian waz

Matt

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 05:25:44 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of elitest bullshit to me. I have no interest in wasting a good day with a  bunch of "silver spooned" snobs.

Offline notchback

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 03:58:24 AM »
Matt said it perfectly
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 04:24:05 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of elitest bullshit to me. I have no interest in wasting a good day with a  bunch of "silver spooned" snobs.
lol.

some people were born with a silver spoon shoved up there a$$.

i got the rusty fork.  :blink:  

Offline Bruce

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »
I just got back from the German show in N Van with Rick's 54.  As I drove in there was no one at the gate, so I drove right in as if I was supposed to be there.  I spied Henry's Intermeccanica Kubel and parked right beside it.  The car was instantly swarmed.  My plan was to park it and leave, giving them no one to tell to move it.  No one came and said anything negative.  Everyone we talked to couldn't understand why there were no VWs in attendance.  Even though there were a lot of cars, there was still plenty of room for 30-50 more cars.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 08:09:02 PM »
One of my Employees was showing his car at the show and sent me these,

This is his car ,
Then he MSN'ed me and said do you know this car?

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph