Author Topic: History of my Zwitter  (Read 2690 times)

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
History of my Zwitter
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
At the recent Victoria show was able to meet up with a few people that knew my car going back into the 70's/80's. Peter, formerly of Bow Wow put me onto a previous owner Martin Plaster and Martin has been nice enough to send me some pics and some history... I am gonna keep digging and see what turns up... Enjoy a journey to the drag racing days back in the 70's:

going under the knife, these pics expalin some of the body work I found some 25 years later...

getting fresh coat of bad ass black

Getting the 'island look'/80's chrome details...

This pic was at the Seattle Bug-in in the 70's. The split was painted with black and grey primer mixed and was towed down there with Martin's 71 van - totally illegally but what the hell, it was the 70's... The yellow van was Peter Roberts and the Ghia was the Sheffield boys. He couldnt remember the others.

some SIR racing:

My new screen saver shot - might see if I can reinact this shot at the upcomming Great Canadian...

Will add more as the research continues...

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Re: History of my Zwitter
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »
Nice! Always fun to have some history on the car! Congrats Gav.
brian waz

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:18:29 PM »
choice !!!!

"only dead fish swim with the stream"

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »
My new screen saver shot - might see if I can reinact this shot at the upcomming Great Canadian...

gav...if you get that sweet ass ride of yours wheels up on the 1/4 at the gc this year...i'm buying you a frosty cold one of your choice at bp on saturday night!! i mean it!

great pics and very cool history on that car. i seem to recall mirko speaking fondly of it from it's days in victoria too! so neat that you can collect all this info on your car!! :cool: