Author Topic: Hardware kits  (Read 849 times)

Offline J A Red

• Previously known as Reed Green
Hardware kits
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »
Looking for a little input or advice. Last year I bought my first air cooled project (56 oval) which was completely disassembled. Lots of parts were missing and I have spent a lot of time this year tracking what I need down. The one problem that is really nagging me is the fact that pretty much all the hardware is missing, or what I do have is random rusty nuts and bolts that I have no idea where they belong. I have found a stainless steel hardware kit that does a complete car( http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Stainless-Steel-Body-Hardware-Kit-Early-Beetle-p/5-0098.htm ) Has anyone had any experience going this route or with this kit itself, or does anyone know of any other kits or options out there?
'56 Reed Green Deluxe Oval - sold
'59 Dove Blue Single Cab - sold
‘59 Light Green Double Cab
Sherbet Orange Meyers Manx

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Re: Hardware kits
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 03:39:02 PM »
Trying to restore or customize it? Restore, go with the originals! Customize, go stainless or whichever. With an old parts book you'd be able to tell which size bolts were on which part. They're for sale on Cd, might be a buy worth the cost.
brian waz

Offline J A Red

• Previously known as Reed Green
Re: Hardware kits
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 07:53:29 PM »
The plan is to restore, so original would be best. Where can I find these cd's you mentioned?
'56 Reed Green Deluxe Oval - sold
'59 Dove Blue Single Cab - sold
‘59 Light Green Double Cab
Sherbet Orange Meyers Manx