Author Topic: Student looking for summer work  (Read 1858 times)

Offline 66DB

Student looking for summer work
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:15:43 AM »
Hey guys,

I just finished my 1st year of engineering at ubc and I'm looking for work for the summer. I would prefer something automotive or vw related (that's why I'm on this site!), but I'm not too picky I will do anything. I built the orange dune buggy in the member's projects area ("The Street Buggy") so I'm not ignorant but I'm by no means an expert or a professional. I live in Surrey (near the fleetwood rec center), I would prefer something in the Surrey/Langley/Cloverdale/Burnaby/Coquitlam area if possible.

Let me know if you have any openings, I can forward a resume and references.

(admins if you feel this posting should not be here feel free to delete it - I won't be offended)

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
Re: Student looking for summer work
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
We (Best Buy Canada) are hiring temp contracts (min 3 mos) at our West Distribution and Service Centre on 200th/96 in Port Kells (in between Colossus and CIP). Starting wage is ~$13, M-F, minumum 24-32 hrs/week. Posititions in material handling (warehouse product movement) and product testers (operating consumer electronics to see how broken they are).

We specifically have a posting right now for product tester, but will be filling Logistics positions in the near future and there's always the possibility of getting hired without a posting if you impress the hell out of us.

Any questions, PM me.
Apply through the link above, or fast track it by contacting Winnie Tsui at 604-419-5057 (tell her I referred you).
Jason Hamilton

Offline berliner

Re: Student looking for summer work
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »
UBC Engineers...Hmmmm..Aren't they the bunch that hang Volkswagens from bridges?
what can possibly go wrong?                                                                     64ghia